• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The courtyard is one of my most missed places for food, it was central in the park, was kinda take away but also a nice sit down meal and was something different to what else was served on park.

The problem now is the lack of choice across the park, we lost the nice burgers, fish and chips, sausage rolls, Mexican, etc. And now it’s a lot of fast food.

I would also love to see something done with towers bar and grill, but it’s just awful in there: the bar is so outdated (even though it was brand new) the seating area is worse. It’s just not a nice place to go and have a drink or food really.

The problem now is the lack of choice across the park, we lost the nice burgers, fish and chips, sausage rolls, Mexican, etc. And now it’s a lot of fast food.
Yeah it’s all quite repetitive. Woodcutters and Rollercoaster are similar menus of mainly burgers. 2-3 Burger kitchen with same menus. Then fried chicken or pizza buffet. If you don’t want a burger there aren’t too many options.
The courtyard BBQ used to offer something different and Nemesis Nosh had great chicken kebabs.

With the exception of RCR (which is at best inconsistent), the F&B section across the resort has been decimated. I was surprised to receive a half decent steak in Woodcutters last year, but I wonder how much of that had to do with my low expectations.

Other than that there have been some sizeable cuts and homogenisation which has been ongoing for years. From Courtyard BBQ to the Mexican restaurant opposite, Towers St Restaurant to Wobble World Cafe. It’s just remarkable to think how much has been cut.

Add to that the standardisation of the food selection that remains and it all culminates in an entirely uninspiring experience. It’s desperately poor, especially for repeat visitors.

Mexican Cantina was often my go-to at Towers. It used to be so good...then they changed the menu and it was dreadful. Cue me going to Pirates Pasties instead...until they switched to Rollover hot dogs. I actually don't mind the sausages for those, but the bread is frequently chewy and unpleasant. I daren't say what other food at Towers that I like lest they decide to get rid of that as well. I must be cursed. :p

Does anyone know if the booked out dates for season passes will become available again in the coming weeks

If any of the dates are full up until the 30th June, then I believe the only way tickets will become available is if someone cancels their booked ticket through the portal. So just a case of keeping checking really. There's a possibility that ticket allocations will be amended I guess, but I wouldn't bank on it especially for the initial few weeks while things bed in.

Basically, just keep checking.

Apparently covid vaccine supply will be massively reduced in April. Not confident about the parks opening as planned now

Apparently covid vaccine supply will be massively reduced in April. Not confident about the parks opening as planned now

Discussion in general about Covid and vaccination is best in the dedicated topic as it's already being discussed extensively. Any Covid discussion in this topic should be related to confirmed changes affecting the resort.

For reference though, Boris Johnson has held a press conference today and said there will be no changes to the roadmap to reopening as a result of the vaccination delays.

Oh I dunno, they could let all the old timers in for a bit of fun. Can do the zimmer shuffle up the queue lines, get some nice tartan blankets and fluffy slippers for when sat on the rides and a nice cup of tea waiting for when they get off.... it could work...

I received a survey in my emails gathering interest in a Christmas event at the Towers, can't say I've ever really had these before so I'm not sure if it's a sign of things to come but here was the example scenario they pitched in the survey:

wDPDAbl.png

If these surveys are worth going off of, the ideas they have pitched for this Christmas event sound pretty great. If anyone wishes to see for themselves: https://click.email.merlinentertain...e412758e2b3148122117daa3b04243ebc564526c1ebbe

I received a survey in my emails gathering interest in a Christmas event at the Towers, can't say I've ever really had these before so I'm not sure if it's a sign of things to come but here was the example scenario they pitched in the survey:

wDPDAbl.png

If these surveys are worth going off of, the ideas they have pitched for this Christmas event sound pretty great. If anyone wishes to see for themselves: https://click.email.merlinentertain...e412758e2b3148122117daa3b04243ebc564526c1ebbe
They did very similar things (albeit sometimes far-fetched) with MAP scenarios in the questionnaire about the the MAPs. Then within weeks of that, they introduced new passes. So who knows!

Well it won't be most the big rides too cold at that time of year. Maybe Nemesis or Oblivion might get away with it
The question is whether they are willing to gamble on the weather, if they are lucky then they may be able to get a few big rides open and get the money in. If they are unlucky then they might have to close more rides leading to low guest satisfaction and probably less money.

Rather unhelpfully they have dodged the obvious question of what rides would be open

Although its sensible to guess it would be similar to last year, mainly CBeebies and Mutiny Bay.

The price feels high, but then I think it can be over £10 just for ice skating at those sort of temporary rinks. What didn't feel right with last years pricing was the adult price being high for santas grotto, when the gifts given out are per child.

The question is whether they are willing to gamble on the weather, if they are lucky then they may be able to get a few big rides open and get the money in. If they are unlucky then they might have to close more rides leading to low guest satisfaction and probably less money.
Yes if it goes into minus then none of the rides will be able to open. If its around 5°c they might get away with it

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.