• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Roller Disco has consistently small queue so far although it is very out of the way and you wouldnt really see it unless you are looking for it.

Funk n Fly quite popular - dont ride if you have remotely thick legs.

Mixtape closed all day so far.

Many rides down, including Nemesis which has not opened so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roller Disco has consistently small queue so far although it is very out of the way and you wouldnt really see it unless you are looking for it.

Funk n Fly quite popular - dont ride if you have remotely thick legs.

Mixtape closed all day so far.

Many rides down, including Nemesis which has not opened so far.

According to the app, only Mixtape and Nemesis are down at present, aside from the things that we already knew would be down; is this the case on park?

Yes Nemesis was testing this morning (could see it from the carpark) but for whatever reason hasnt opened since. Ride hosts state they are aiming to open this afternoon if they can get it working.

Last edited:
Rapids masks are in the waterfalls, pretty much confirming we wont be seeing them return.

5dd1bb19145857f728b86ec6a76498f9.jpg

Last edited:
Rapids masks are in the waterfalls, pretty much confirming we wont be seeing them return.

dd26c7a3e9aad5a778ae130e9534ed9e.jpg

Do we know if there have been any other thematic enhancements to the rapids, or is it just the installation of these masks?

A little disappointing to see that the waterfalls haven’t returned, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. The features look lovely, however; good job, Towers!

Urgh the rapids look pretty awful there, the masks almost draw your attention to how bad it looks. They really need to get new boats like Drayton have so that the waterfalls can be turned back on without the fear of an incident occuring.

Do we know if there have been any other thematic enhancements to the rapids, or is it just the installation of these masks?

A little disappointing to see that the waterfalls haven’t returned, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. The features look lovely, however; good job, Towers!

A single mask and paddles identical to that in the waterfalls stuck to the side of a kiosk, and a couple of random crates. It seems to have come at the expense of the existing theming such as the campsite and the kayak - so no.

8f8c46ccb3c9305a99f9feb42b70f78a.jpg

Edit: Some more masks on the queue bridge and a further two on another bridge during the course of the ride. The waterfalls continue to look awful as no amount of masks are going to cover up the rotting breeze blocks. They are on metal poles visibly and terribly bolted into the structure.

1635844ea97308b303108ad2ae54ac45.jpg

Last edited:
Can you?!? Because I can't! Most depressing picture I've seen in a while.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
It’s to stop people from standing up and moving seats, as the park doesn’t want a similar incident to the one on Splash Canyon happening on Congo River Rapids. This is also why the paid water cannons went too. I’ll admit that the ride seems to have lost its mojo somewhat ever since the waterfalls went, but unfortunately, they were too much of a H&S risk from the park’s perspective.

Sadly, I think the ride would need some form of physical restraint in order for those effects to be able to return. Maybe in the mid to long term, the park could do what Drayton are doing with the newly refurbished Splash Canyon and buy the ride new Infinity Falls-style boats?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.