• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is their any new rides at Alton towers for 2022
For now the answer to your question is we don't really know and if there is anything it won't be substantial. We know that there is work going on in Cbeebies Land where Tree Fu Tom and Charlie & Lola used to be but it looks unlikely that these will be anything more than a retheme of the existing play areas.

Check on Alton’s Instagram… they’re mentioning about pirates I Mutiny Bay for 2022. I’ve tried to upload image but it’s not letting me with the URL link.

could someone assist?

It's the Instagram story so won't be able to link to it.

There's 2 new rides coming to CBeebies Land. That's all we know so far, but we'll likely get more news and announcements as the closed season progress

We don't know that at all. There appears to be work being done on 2 areas of cbeebies land. There could be new rides, there could be relocated rides, there could be tarted up existing rides. There could be nothing much happening there at all.

There may also be other fairly minor additions that don't require planning anywhere across the park. We just don't know.

Feb Half Term info has been added to the website. It is a return of the Pirate themed breaks, whilst it does state hotel guests get access to ‘Mutiny Bay’ there is no suggestion that the wider theme park (or any other section of it) will be open for the hotel or day guests.

So it may well be that talk of the return of the event for day ticket holders was a little premature.

https://www.altontowers.com/explore/events/february-half-term/

Feb Half Term info has been added to the website. It is a return of the Pirate themed breaks, whilst it does state hotel guests get access to ‘Mutiny Bay’ there is no suggestion that the wider theme park (or any other section of it) will be open for the hotel or day guests.

So it may well be that talk of the return of the event for day ticket holders was a little premature.

https://www.altontowers.com/explore/events/february-half-term/
Oh that's a shame, I thought a day guest event would actually do really well.

I imagine the recruitment issues, especially in tech services would really hamper their ability to get the rides through winter maintenance before Feb half term.

It’s better for them to wait until they are in a different position staffing wise before going for a larger event.

I do agree that this year, with the staffing issues, it makes sense for them to do a smaller event however I do think in future years they really should look at a wider event. Open a few more parts of the park and maybe a few temporary attractions to fit the theme. Pirate themed walkthrough on Towers Street maybe?

To be honest, I’m quite happy to lose February Half Term in exchange for the more wide-ranging Christmas event we’ve seen this year, personally.

While I admittedly haven’t visited either Christmas or FHT, 2021’s Christmas event looks really promising, and I think it could blossom into something really quite expansive in a few years’ time, with more of the park being open as well as Lightopia and the market stalls. I feel like Christmas in its current form (open to day guests, and seemingly growing more expansive) is something I’d personally rather see than FHT, if I were picking between one or the other. Christmas is somewhat of a staple event lasting multiple weeks and offering many opportunities for great things, whereas FHT tends to be more like a regular operating week with less rides, from what I can tell.

I do agree that this year, with the staffing issues, it makes sense for them to do a smaller event however I do think in future years they really should look at a wider event. Open a few more parts of the park and maybe a few temporary attractions to fit the theme. Pirate themed walkthrough on Towers Street maybe?

Again this was done a few years ago and then due to bad weather most of the rides couldn't then open.
Runaway Mine Train was one major ride offered for families that they couldn't get open for the first few days if I remember right.
Maybe they could add some kind of walk through or stage show, but it might not be enough to give a full day of stuff to do (this is already an issue with the Christmas event I think). At least at the hotels they can more easily offer indoor entertainment.

Looks like 2022 day tickets are now available to purchase. Confirming the park opens on 19th March and it looks like there are no midweek closed dates at all (woo!).

Gate price has reached a whopping £62.

Prebooking now seems to have three starting prices. Off peak Mon-Weds £34, Thurs-Fri £36 and weekends and school holidays £42.

Looks like 2022 day tickets are now available to purchase. Confirming the park opens on 19th March and it looks like there are no midweek closed dates at all (woo!).

Gate price has reached a whopping £62.

Prebooking now seems to have three starting prices. Off peak Mon-Weds £34, Thurs-Fri £36 and weekends and school holidays £42.

the gate price is only there to set the price when a 2for1 or 50% off is used. Realistically I don’t think anyone will pay £62, just £31.
But a £5/£10 voucher off the online price doesn’t sound as good as 50% the gate price.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.