• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If it’s gone then I’m not too bothered really. For the past 10 years I’ve only really ridden it to tick a box.

Enterprise’s and Spinjam’s sites would suit a new dark ride or a new high throughput major thrill flat. I’d assume the park would go for the latter considering a large building would block the view of Oblivion’s banked turn and brake run.

The enterprise board has been missing all season. They did actually put the Spinjam board there initially when they added the ride, but realised it probably didn’t work, so moved it before the ride opened.
Then of course we’ve had the stage in front of it for weeks, so people have only just noticed it’s missing.

Then of course we’ve had the stage in front of it for weeks, so people have only just noticed it’s missing.
Have the stages gone then? I was expecting them to be used for Mardi Gras along with the structures from last year seeing as they looked pretty decent stages

Absolutely worth investing in a new version of the same ride. Been riding them for over 30 years and the sensation of inverting with no restraint system never gets old.

Absolutely worth investing in a new version of the same ride. Been riding them for over 30 years and the sensation of inverting with no restraint system never gets old.
The only issue there is that many of the newer versions appear to have some form of restraint (correct me if I'm wrong there). The Huss Enterprise 2G certainly appears as though it has a lap bar restraint of some sort, and I think the Zamperla Endeavour might as well.

The only issue there is that many of the newer versions appear to have some form of restraint (correct me if I'm wrong there). The Huss Enterprise 2G certainly appears as though it has a lap bar restraint of some sort, and I think the Zamperla Endeavour might as well.
As far as a I know it can come in the standard caged unrestrained gondola or the 'suspended' (I mean, they are all suspended, but this is in the open dangley leg sense) variant which has a close contact restraint.

No idea if that's right though, I've never tried to buy one.

The Zamperla Endeavour has OTSRs as otherwise you could just jump off the things.

I used to be an advocate for one of them to replace Enterprise until I rode one a few years ago at Kentucky Kingdom and discovered it was quite a bit less fun. Still better than an abandoned ride area though so maybe it would still be a good idea.

Or you could get a flying one like Alakazam was at Pleasure Island. That was silly, especially the backwards bit.

Might as well just get another Huss flat ride package - a new Enterprise, Pirate Ship and Top Spin to replace the obvious.

A few bits (randomly) in the Warrington Guardian today on Mardi Gras:
  • Seems there's a few more actually themed food options this year. BBQ (ribs, pulled pork etc) and Lousiana Po Boys, with Food Street being "bigger and better" than ever before (also mentioned on the official event page)
  • There's a VIP experience which is a Platinum fast track, priority seating for entertainment and food vouchers (sounds expensive!)
  • We had no bar last year, this year we're getting a "lakeside bar experience" featuring floating pontoon seating. Snazzy!

I'd say Alton Towers has sent a press release round newspaper companies and one (Newsquest) has used it for every paper they own near Alton Towers using an identical article writen by Rebecca Carey. I've also found it in Worcester News and Runcorn & Widnes World also owned by the same company.
Interestingly the VIP package doesn't appear to be available to buy, as far as I can see it is solely a competition prize.

How is the pontoon seating floating? Are they slinging them in the lake or something?
It'll just be a pontoon platform with some seating laid out on it. Liverpool Docks have done it in the past with a floating football pitch and a floating cinema. Not suggesting anything will be of the designs below, but just to give you an idea of what sort of thing is possible:

Floating platform with gazebo (doubt there'll be anything this big!)
1652206689505.png

Floating cinema in Liverpool
1652206732200.png

Floating football pitch
1652206798953.png

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.