• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It’s an odd choice to do, and seems expensive when they could just have a bar on the grass? But I guess they want the bar up near to the food street where they had it last season.

Also new this season is a Towers Street Krew (and no it’s not Craig and Astro dressed up in silly costumes!). I guess that is what the stage they are currently building at the bottom of Towers is for.

(and no it’s not Craig and Astro dressed up in silly costumes!)
Well, so you think...

I'm interested to see what they do this year- the first one without stressing over restrictions. I actually quite liked the event last year. There was plenty of improvements to be made, food selection and pricing being the big one but all things considered I thought it was a decent start.

Yeah I’m hoping there’s more to the ents this year and an actual time table as to where they are and what they do, when.

Last year it was very much if you didn’t catch it at the right time then you wouldn’t know there was an event on.

I guess without distancing then there’s no reason for them not to, and for them to encourage you to dance and interact with them.

Good prices were stupid on some of the stalls last year, let’s see what happens this year!

Every year this comes up 😂, so to summarise before we get back into pages of discussion about it being Mardis Gras or not:
  • Yes Mardi Gras as a celebration has been and gone (it's in Feb/March).
  • Mardi Gras at Towers is an event themed on Mardi Gras.
  • There's lots of discussion already been and gone whether it's right or wrong to do it. But, as an event it seemed popular so it's stuck around.

Every year this comes up 😂, so to summarise before we get back into pages of discussion about it being Mardis Gras or not:
  • Yes Mardi Gras as a celebration has been and gone (it's in Feb/March).
  • Mardi Gras at Towers is an event themed on Mardi Gras.
  • There's lots of discussion already been and gone whether it's right or wrong to do it. But, as an event it seemed popular so it's stuck around.
No I've just realised my mistake @Craig and it wasn't what you were thinking. We've just had festive of thrills not Mardi Gras :tearsofjoy:

Can we have the same early shutdowns of the recurring "4pm closes are fine because I live across the street and managed to get on The Smiler 6 times" and "ban people who look like travellers it's as simple as that" debates?

Tongue firmly on cheek by the way.

Can we have the same early shutdowns of the recurring "4pm closes are fine because I live across the street and managed to get on The Smiler 6 times" and "ban people who look like travellers it's as simple as that" debates?

Tongue firmly on cheek by the way.
I got confused that's all, I didn't mean to stir up these old chestnuts again, then again they are all inevitable anyway :tearsofjoy:

It must have worked for Towers as they are copying and pasting the event at Thorpe and Chessie this season. (And pretty much at Heide as well, but it’s called Carnival there)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.