• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 Speculation and CBeebies Land additions

Yes your probably right @Steve74 but that doesn't stop them from being awkward for Towers to keep. Like you say the owners don't have the time to do the maintenance and they aren't designed for continuous operation then why would Towers keep them for another year?
Back on topic:
I do think we will see something next year |I just don't think it will be a flat ride for reasons I've already mentioned. I think we may see a new show in walliams world or perhaps something else small but I would love to be proven wrong. I suppose we might start hearing rumours about what is happening next year soon? When could we expect an announcement for something?
I highly doubt they'll be keeping them for another season. The owners will want to tour them again. I'd be very interested to know how much towers paid to hire all four mind.

Last edited:
If Towers pays the right price, they owners will accept I'm sure!
I was thinking this. Like a hire car, the milage put on these flats has surely made them depreciate in value significantly? Brand spanking new at the beginning of the season then they've had more workload put on them in their first year of operation that they'll ever have for the rest of their operational life travelling. Surely these rides will be worth a pittance at the end of this season? Like a contract hire agreement, Alton must have forked out half the cost of buying them outright in rent with depreciation factored in, replacement parts and maintenance?

They could install a new flat(s) for next season if they wanted to. Rides (including coasters) are sold at IAPPA in November and open for the following summer. Just look at Mine Blower at Fun Spot.

In normal times I would absolutely agree. But right now we are struggling to get something as simple as oranges from Spain.

Buying a ride in Novemeber for delivery in Spring is highly optimistic right now in this post brexit mess we are in. Delays are ridiculous for anything coming into the UK. Maybe things will improve by then.

I was thinking this. Like a hire car, the milage put on these flats has surely made them depreciate in value significantly? Brand spanking new at the beginning of the season then they've had more workload put on them in their first year of operation that they'll ever have for the rest of their operational life travelling. Surely these rides will be worth a pittance at the end of this season? Like a contract hire agreement, Alton must have forked out half the cost of buying them outright in rent with depreciation factored in, replacement parts and maintenance?

I suspect it might depreciate a little bit. But you have to remember rides are usually made up of industrial rated equipment. Things such as bearings, motors, electronics are all designed from industrial components, which themselves are designed to be long lasting, reliable and very hardwearing, even in the most extreme conditions. Given that, I would wager they have not depreciated as much as we might initially think.

But given that, most rides have hour or cycle counters on them. Giving the number of cycles and / or power on hours of the equipment. These counters help so so much when it comes to carrying out pre-emptive maintenance over reactive maintenance, but they would also give a pretty good and general idea of how used a ride is at any point during it's life. I suspect as you said, this would help give a more depreciative figure if the counts are high, rather than not. But even still, I do not think they would be depreciated that bad.

Last edited:
CBeebies Land will definitely see some changes, there’s some kind of work happening behind TreeFu Tom at the moment, you can see it as you drive past and look towards the staff road. Assuming that’s for 2022. Also the way Charlie and Lola have had their windows blacked out and now it’s not opened all season when every other ride has opened seems to suggest it will be rethemed.

Other than that who knows! It’s rate to come to the end of the season and not have a clue what the park might get for the following year, we usually have some kind of marketing, construction fence or something up by Scarefest.

CBeebies Land will definitely see some changes, there’s some kind of work happening behind TreeFu Tom at the moment, you can see it as you drive past and look towards the staff road. Assuming that’s for 2022. Also the way Charlie and Lola have had their windows blacked out and now it’s not opened all season when every other ride has opened seems to suggest it will be rethemed.

Other than that who knows! It’s rate to come to the end of the season and not have a clue what the park might get for the following year, we usually have some kind of marketing, construction fence or something up by Scarefest.
Isn’t Tree Fu Tom also absent from the Christmas lineup? Could it possibly be getting removed this off-season, or is that too much of a leap?

Isn’t Tree Fu Tom also absent from the Christmas lineup? Could it possibly be getting removed this off-season, or is that too much of a leap?
I’m not sure if it’s usually open or not at Christmas, as the weather isn’t great, and it’s a bit cold and wet to be playing on a kids play area. But I guess they could easily start work on it after Christmas if it was to open at Christmas, if it’s only a retheme they’ll have a few months before March.

When do we think we might find out when/if Alton Towers are adding for 2022?
I'm thinking probably January or February.

Is a possible explanation for the lack of Flávio’s at Christmas that the showmen may already have a booking for a winter fair somewhere?

There’s nothing to stop it going to a winter wonderland style event and then returning for next season.

Is a possible explanation for the lack of Flávio’s at Christmas that the showmen may already have a booking for a winter fair somewhere?

There’s nothing to stop it going to a winter wonderland style event and then returning for next season.
Anything is possible. I imagine when contracts were being signed for these rides, Christmas was a long time off from a Covid perspective and the risk of paying to have a ride sat in a closed park was probably a consideration.

Interesting, as I'd assume Roller Disco, Funk'n'Fly and Mixtape will all be gone (speculating here) by the time the Christmas event starts, so it's interesting that FFF is staying until at least January 3rd.