• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ouch what happened to make it deteriorate that fast! Doesn't look like age alone to me. Although it will certainly be changed anyway next year.

It's always been a memorable sign just for how exaggerated and unnecessary it is!

Really hope they keep the sign. Would hate to see it in a youtubers shed.

Also I've always wondered - did there used to be another bullet point in the middle of that sign? The gap between the two looks too big.
Does look like one has been scribbled out!
Was there one saying you have to be 1.4m?

Edit: Just checked, I'm wrong, always been 2 lol.

Really hope they keep the sign. Would hate to see it in a youtubers shed.

Also I've always wondered - did there used to be another bullet point in the middle of that sign? The gap between the two looks too big.
I think it’s always been two, but do correct me if I’m wrong there.

Conscious the sign discussion is derailing the 2023 topic, however it was already looking very battered prior to closing. One thing I noticed last year was the original Nemesis logo creeping through on the photo booth signs as well.
9027bb1f9b544e2d6fe825094c88a454.jpg

1880a014a0401592cbe013246f2ffa92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There’s the original sign I believe. Text has been tweaked slightly. Whether they are the exact same signs or not i can’t confirm. No doubt some seasoned towers fans will be able to fact check

resize

Thats not the same sign, that very one was installed permanently by the helix with slightly tweaked text and logo

d3fab3a9785552e429f1af7f88a0c282.jpg

Anyway, more broadly speaking, looking at these nice themed signs that the park used to install compared to the cheap vinyls they plaster at every inch and constitute it as ‘theming’ is quite depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
That original one with the old logo looked ace, heck, they all do! Hopefully they'll be kept or replaced by new ones just as good and as iconic for the years to come (Hopefully in a good way)!!

Has there been any visible prep work for Festival of Thrills out of interest? It’s due to start Monday and the description on the website is still pretty vague in terms of what it will entail.

Anyone know what they have planned and if it will be a different format to last years stages dotted about the park?

Not sure if this is the right place but was hoping to visit on Friday 5th May but noticed it's during FoT, does this period get particularly busy on the week days? Ended up going on one of the delayed school trip Scarefest days last year which was awful. With no Nemesis plus everything I'm reading about the poor operations and rides breaking down left right and centre so far this season I'm hesitant to bother if it's likely to be busier than normal...
Also does anyone know if it's possible to redeem the rainy day guarantee on FoT days? Cheers

Not sure if this is the right place but was hoping to visit on Friday 5th May but noticed it's during FoT, does this period get particularly busy on the week days? Ended up going on one of the delayed school trip Scarefest days last year which was awful. With no Nemesis plus everything I'm reading about the poor operations and rides breaking down left right and centre so far this season I'm hesitant to bother if it's likely to be busier than normal...
Also does anyone know if it's possible to redeem the rainy day guarantee on FoT days? Cheers
Queues are typically around 20-60 mins on Monday and Fridays and 15-45 on Tuesday-thursday

Has there been any visible prep work for Festival of Thrills out of interest? It’s due to start Monday and the description on the website is still pretty vague in terms of what it will entail.

Anyone know what they have planned and if it will be a different format to last years stages dotted about the park?
Not heard or seen anything about it. Nothing on YouTube or social medias, website as you say is vague. With it having a Smiler take-over vibe they better hope they get Smiler up and running in time. Last year was several mini-stages across the park with music, this year could be the same or could all be on the bigger stage on the lawns. Entirely speculation of course as we've seen nothing about it.

You can see which dates you can return under the rainy day guarantee by using the ‘book now’ option on this page:

Not heard or seen anything about it. Nothing on YouTube or social medias, website as you say is vague. With it having a Smiler take-over vibe they better hope they get Smiler up and running in time. Last year was several mini-stages across the park with music, this year could be the same or could all be on the bigger stage on the lawns. Entirely speculation of course as we've seen nothing about it.

I’m starting to wonder if it will be a bit of a lacklustre event. With no visible prep work starting and no mention of it on social media from the park when it all starts in 4 days it’s not particularly encouraging.

Edit: apologies for double post.

I’m starting to wonder if it will be a bit of a lacklustre event. With no visible prep work starting and no mention of it on social media from the park when it all starts in 4 days it’s not particularly encouraging.

Edit: apologies for double post.
If Smiler isn't open they'll just scrap it

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.