• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Screenshot_20230927_105620_Samsung Internet.jpg
Hi guys my daughter found a video on YouTube with this on does anyone know is it returning this year please

Yes it is. You can see the info on the family friendly Scarefest offering here:

Screenshot_20230927_105620_Samsung Internet.jpg
Hi guys my daughter found a video on YouTube with this on does anyone know is it returning this year please
Yep, confirmed staying along with the Freaky Five show, Alton Ancestors, Sin Bin and Trick or Treat Town. Lots to do for the little terrors!
(Beaten to it, oh well)

It’s been mentioned before that the main reason for using generators was that they didn’t have the right power infrastructure in the right places. Low energy LED bulbs helps now as don’t need as high power but still there will be some spaces where it’s easier to use a generator than get the cabling of the right amperage out to that location.
Obviously I'm no expert on the power infrastructure at Towers, but there are a lot more green power cabinets dotted around the park since the Retro Squad and main stage were brought in. One that springs to mind is next to where Roller Disco was. Maybe the festoon lighting down that walkway towards the Towers is to be powered from that cabinet? Maybe the Retro Squad may actually leave a lasting legacy when they finally leave?! 🤣

Dave the maintenance guy installing a new electrical socket and screwing a couple of outdoor LED's to the top of purple painted wooden fence posts. I wonder what magical investments "new Merlin" have lined up in store for us next?

Obviously I'm no expert on the power infrastructure at Towers, but there are a lot more green power cabinets dotted around the park since the Retro Squad and main stage were brought in. One that springs to mind is next to where Roller Disco was. Maybe the festoon lighting down that walkway towards the Towers is to be powered from that cabinet? Maybe the Retro Squad may actually leave a lasting legacy when they finally leave?! 🤣
A lot of them were put in for Lightopia. On the left side of the park anyway.

Good evening everyone it's me again lol I seen a poster in the toilets at AT this week and it had an offer to use the waterpark for £7 has anyone seen it trying to find something online but no joy

Dave the maintenance guy installing a new electrical socket and screwing a couple of outdoor LED's to the top of purple painted wooden fence posts. I wonder what magical investments "new Merlin" have lined up in store for us next?

Rome was not built in a day and even the biggest of changes are made up of many, many small changes. The little steps to make the big ones...the things seem small and insignificant on their own and they are, but taken in the context and collectively with everything else going on, it indicates a massively different direction than previously.

Good evening everyone it's me again lol I seen a poster in the toilets at AT this week and it had an offer to use the waterpark for £7 has anyone seen it trying to find something online but no joy

I think it’s an “on-park” deal. So you go after your day at the park. It might be able to be added on when you purchase a park ticket online.

Not sure what’s going off in Dark Forest today, but Rita’s main queue has been closed all day with all guests directed to the fastrack queue. Additionally 13 has been closed all day with no signs of any of the trains

EDIT: got my answer as soon as I posted - they’re repairing the fence around 13s pre lift turn

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpeg
    IMG_3528.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3530.jpeg
    IMG_3530.jpeg
    664.3 KB · Views: 108
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this sort of thing but I couldn’t figure out where to post. A few weeks ago I dropped my merlin pass somewhere at Towers. I went on their website and submitted details to Not Lost in the hopes that it would turn up. It wouldn’t have been a huge issue as I do have a digital version of the pass that I can use, I was more concerned about someone finding it and trying to use it although I know I can request to get the barcode changed - I didn’t want to do that if I didn’t have to in case it caused me issues at the scanners in future (I’ve seen people have issues before).

Anyway I’d all but given up hope and was close to relenting and changing the barcode, until a few days ago I received an email and a text saying it had been found and to log into their site to arrange its return. It’s now on its way back to me in the post! I paid postage which I was fine with, they give you the option to collect as well but I’m not planning on visiting for a while.

So to anyone who might end up losing something at towers, don’t give up hope! Fill in the form on the AT website and provide as much detail as you can, it could take a few weeks but they will get back to you if they find it. Very impressed with the service.

I've removed a number of posts related to what many refer to as "Traveller's Day", which occurred today. As many will know, it's a topic that's been discussed repeatedly on the forum over the years with dedicated topics. Unfortunately, those topics nearly always ended up with the same repeated arguments being made back and forth, often quickly diving into being offensive with nothing constructive coming out of it.

As a result of this, we recently took the decision as a team to lock any dedicated topics related to it in future. For the same reason, the posts in here have also been removed.

I know some will not agree with that decision, but the procedures that the park has adopted to deal with such days is now long established and has changed very little in recent years. It happens, people generally know when said days occur and the park deals with it as best they can under the circumstances. Things then get back to business as usual for the multitude of other park opening days.

So if we could continue discussion about the resort in general except for this subject it'd be appreciated. I'm happy to address anyone's complaints/queries about the decision over PM. Thanks :)

Does anyone have a rough idea at what wind gust speeds each ride tends to close at the moment?

Friday's forecast looks pretty grim on that front and was hoping I could plan for the worst and still get things done.

If you're going anyway, just do whatever you can with whatever is open. It's pointless looking at a forecast and planning around that, as it's the park's own anemometers that dictate whether a ride can operate or not. The park is in such a location that those forecasts are consistently wrong anyway (Prime example, the very frequent heavy rain downpours on Saturday!)

To add, Smiler is the most wind sensitive with a limit of around 32 mph. But as Craig said, it comes down to what is measured at the ride on the day. I remember going on a couple of days last year where gusts were forecast to be over 30 mph, worst that happened was an occasional stoppage on the Smiler, as once the limit is exceeded they have to wait 10 minutes or so without a repeat gust before reopening. With the met office currently predicting 30 mph gusts, I wouldn’t expect anything more than that, as I’ve never noticed any other rides close for winds.
But I’ve been at towers in the pouring rain, checked the forecast and been told it’s currently bright and sunny, so you’d probably have better luck consulting a magic 8 ball🤷‍♂️

Weather forecasts for more than a few days ahead are pretty much useless.
Last Thursday, they said sunny all week this week.
By Saturday they were saying hard rain from Wednesday.
Queues are shorter, and rides faster, in the rain.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.