• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Leaked photo gives a first look at the updated Duel cars now the blasters have been removed.

DF186C51-7432-4F57-A68F-6B28CBAFF9A1.jpeg
TBH, losing the blasters will always be a major improvement to the ride cars no matter what.

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask how many ride cars are there for the ride and if any more have been seen being taken out from the building?

TBH, losing the blasters will always be a major improvement to the ride cars no matter what.

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask how many ride cars are there for the ride and if any more have been seen being taken out from the building.
There are 32 I think, although the HH originally opened with 34.

Edit: Just saw this...

duel.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I should say but I heard a rumour that apparently 2 cars crashed into eachother and that's why duel closed to new refurbished.

Must have been a ferocious crash at the giddy speeds of about 5mph. Hahahaha

What happened with the last 2?
This is pure speculation, but it is known that the original cars had a fault where they would overrun the rides blocks, and all the cars were replaced shortly after opening day. Could they have just decided that they didn't need the 2 extra cars, and cut some costs? No idea if that is true though, pure speculation on my part.

This is pure speculation, but it is known that the original cars had a fault where they would overrun the rides blocks, and all the cars were replaced shortly after opening day. Could they have just decided that they didn't need the 2 extra cars, and cut some costs? No idea if that is true though, pure speculation on my part.
I don't think the cars were replaced, just a component in them (which had a very long German name).

Apparently google thinks it means "Circuit Safety Position" which would explain why it was causing the issue, as the cars were not following their assigned position of 10-second intervals, which caused the ride to trip.

It's a shame that When Spookslot got a whole event for its Final day of operation, Duel/HH gets literally nothing. Like I said earlier, the park didn't even announce anything to the public about its closure to give guests outside of hard-core Enthusiasts like us one last go on it. SMH.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.