• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is the queue line entrance (the entrance into the garden queue, not the entrance into the house itself) not closed, then?

I’m surprised if not; I’d have thought that Alton Towers definitely wouldn’t want guests lurking around the queue line when the ride isn’t open.
Do they not probably mean they just didn’t expect it to be closed? As in they’ve walked up and seen the boarded up doors not expecting it

Yeah I meant just walking up, not expecting it to be closed.

Spooks R Us was open so we stopped for a drink and a sit down, lots of people walking up to the attraction surprised to see it wasn't open.

That's odd, I thought the shop had been gutted?
No. I posted last week that it's still open. Apart from that weird fake ivy stuff, the shop looks like it always has. Still selling Duel key rings, Nemesis merch, drinks, ice cream and the same skull mugs etc that it has all season. Was even being replenished when I visited. Keeping it open is a trial apparently to see if there's still a need for it.

I imagine the ride from the outside will stay as it is now, with many not even realising it’s closed until they see the door shut. Those signs around the site wont really mean anything to most walking past.

Then I think the marketing will ramp up for scarefest. When theyll probably board it up more, added some banners, etc and advertise new ride coming 2023. Scarefest is generally when we get any kind of marketing for new things, it happened for Walliams with those big inflatable archways, Galactica got markings and banners around the site.

But even then I don’t think there will be much released.

No. I posted last week that it's still open. Apart from that weird fake ivy stuff, the shop looks like it always has. Still selling Duel key rings, Nemesis merch, drinks, ice cream and the same skull mugs etc that it has all season. Was even being replenished when I visited. Keeping it open is a trial apparently to see if there's still a need for it.
Ah sorry, I must have missed your post then. :oops:

The graveyard queue is definitely fenced off, but the RAP queue certainly wasn't. I don't think anyone would head up there though, as the ride is very clearly closed.
Actually tell a lie, I've just been processing some photos for the site, and I've realised the RAP queue was fenced off about halfway up.

Watching a few recent vlogs from Towers, I'm surprised that Duel's soundtrack is still playing around the area. Surely that will make guests think it's open before they go up to the house and see the doors closed?

Surely it's the soundtrack for Gloomy Wood as well as Duel though? Therefore it should still be playing in my opinion.
Indeed it is. The Waltz track is the GW area soundtrack rather than the Duel soundtrack.

I wonder if it might even still be playing in 2023... I'd actually be quite happy if it did, to be honest!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.