• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Unlikely unless they cut a hole in the roof. The original was installed before the building's steel frame was erected.
I don't think that's an absolute neccessity, it just made sense because they we're building the whole attraction from nothing. Despite the difficulties with getting it running, they're not complex things... at it's simplest level you create a cylindrical frame, wrap it or clad it in something, then mount it in such a position that it responds to a motor's drive, either directly or more likely via belt or simple friction (eg. a wheel with a grippy tyre pressed against it).

The hardest part with a flat attraction would be creating a cavity for the frame to wrap underneath the track, and that's already there...

We're up to 3 scenes now that are seemingly being either removed or majorly overhauled; from things we've seen, the 2003 finale, the Sinister Garden and the Trommel Tunnel all appear to be being either removed or majorly overhauled.

I've thought since day 1 that this would be a more comprehensive overhaul than some expected, and to be honest, I'm glad about that. A bigger overhaul/retheme will bring the ride into the 21st century and ensure that its longevity is secured for years to come.

Yes you've said this so many times, your opinion was valid the first time. The same/similar photo of the trommel face round the back was posted only a few pages ago
I apologise... I guess I have a frustratingly short memory when it comes to stuff like this. When the photo was posted, I was just spitballing thoughts seeing as we have so little to go off of. I was also expressing agreement with sentiments being expressed above.

I apologise... I guess I have a frustratingly short memory when it comes to stuff like this. When the photo was posted, I was just spitballing thoughts seeing as we have so little to go off of. I was also expressing agreement with sentiments being expressed above.
Not to worry!

On a slightly less repetitive note; what do we reckon the old Trommel could be replaced by?

Do we reckon a new Trommel? Or something different entirely?

Personally, I reckon it is most likely to be replaced by something new and different, but I wouldn’t entirely count out a new Trommel of some description. If it were to be a new Trommel, however, I wouldn’t expect it to be a mechanical drum; I feel like a cylindrical screen or similar could do the same thing more reliably in this day and age.

We can only guess at the story line right now but if we are going to be inside the Dollhouse, as many are predicting, then I don't see how the Trommel fits in really.

I think it's time for something new too. I'm excited to see what they come up with and JW definitely hinted at something worthwhile replacing his creation.

Just gimmie a new actual moving trommel, none of this lacklustre projection stuff!! Yeah, it'd be cheaper to run, but when that projector is not working and switched off, it'll ruin the entire scene looking at a white plain tunnel. Though it'd be nice if they kept the Mirror Eyes, those were cool when they were red! New face, but keep the eyes!

I doubt they can do much for the scene apart from another trommel. They'd have to full up the dug in space where the drum parshly resides. If they'll just cover it up and put props over, that'll be a huge hazard of props, and staff falling through the floor. So they'll have to fill it up with concrete, but to do that, they'll probably have to rip a hole in the showbulding to get proper clear access to continue the filling of the dug in area. Lets not forget that they only have around 3ish months left. So maybe they've ripped out most or what they want out now, and they'll want to start installing the new scenes in.

Last edited:
With the rumours of a dolls house theme...got me thinking of having it themed to the original titled Beatles album for the White Album, that'd be a left field choice for an IP for the ride. :p
COVER.jpg

Are the old trains that were taken out of operation in the latter years of Duel still salvageable does anyone know? Or are they long gone now and destroyed?

none of this lacklustre projection stuff!! Yeah, it'd be cheaper to run, but when that projector is not working and switched off, it'll ruin ye entire scene looking at a white plain tunnel.

It's the same effect, but more effective with projection than a moving drum. It's not lacklustre, Ive seen it done. This is one case where it doesn't really change the original effect just improves it. You could say the same 'what about when the revolve don't work youll be looking at a static tunnel for 10 years'

If they'll just cover it up and put props over, that'll be a huge hazard of props, and staff falling through the floor.

'What if someone steps in the revolving drum and what if someone presses x100 speed on the motor and the staff gets a high speed spin dry', there's ways of doing things.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same effect, but more effective with projection than a moving drum. It's not lacklustre, Ive seen it done. This is one case where it doesn't really change the original effect just improves it. You could say the same 'what about when the revolve don't work youll be looking at a static tunnel for 10 years'

'What if someone steps in the revolving drum and what if someone presses x100 speed on the motor and the staff gets a high speed spin dry', there's ways of doing things.
Well, it'd be better than a non decorated tunnel made up of white panels. I can see where you're coming from though. It would be great if they got a new trommel with details, but also install a light projection to add effects in there to make it more likely.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.