• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I actually like the mysterious nature of this project. Too often these days we know exact ride details of new attractions months and sometimes years in advance.

This could reopen in 12 week time and we know very little.
Oh I completely agree, it makes it interesting. It's the same with Project Horizon, with indoor attractions there's so much more they can keep secret than with outdoor attractions, especially with the level of detail usually submitted on planning applications.

If they want a good jumpscare, they should just use the duck from The Flume, we can't just have him sit abandoned!
Perhaps there could be a bathroom scene where the duck makes an appearance? 😂
@QTXAdsy will already be having nightmares, he's terrified of the thing. :tearsofjoy: They do that and he'll be wishing he's at M&D's (actually probably still wouldn't want to be there).
Joking aside, knowing how Towers like to have little easter eggs and nods to previous rides hidden here and there (the towers silhouette in one of the crowns on GG's queue line wallpaper and the old chainlift motor of Corkscrew on Thirteen's station to name two), it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bath(room) scene that there would be a small rubber duck in the bath as a nod to The Flume! May even see an old Duel blaster hidden away somewhere too!
Stop giving me the fear ya fools! :eek:

All serious though, could see a wee nod to the duck somewhere, Towers do know of it's infamous reputation over the years and likely they'll want to do something with it for a laugh. All we need is the official Towers social media team to hint at his return along with the reopening of HH by saying...
Animated GIF

If this does happen I'll quack myself. Give me the lunatic, the giant, the zombies, electric Bill and others except for that bloody Demon duck of death!

Have we really gone from pages of conversation on how screens are terrible and wanting the ride to stay true to its roots through to wanting a reference to ducks that featured on a ride that was derided for a shoddy re-theme that closed back over 7 years ago? Let's keep it a little sensible 🤣

Roll on March.......please.

Have we really gone from pages of conversation on how screens are terrible and wanting the ride to stay true to its roots through to wanting a reference to ducks that featured on a ride that was derided for a shoddy re-theme that closed back over 7 years ago? Let's keep it a little sensible 🤣

Just imagine if they did a Valhalla...and this kept on going for another two whole years.
We haven't been promised an opening date...and I live in fear of a delay.

I really hope we get something from the park tomorrow. Friday the 13th is a “spooky” date, and other announcements have been in early January in the past. If they’re clever about it, they would advertise Duel, SubTerra, and whatever new characters they can get into Cbeebies, that way they cover family with Duel, “thrill” (I use that loosely) with N:ST and children with Cbeebies

I really hope we get something from the park tomorrow. Friday the 13th is a “spooky” date, and other announcements have been in early January in the past. If they’re clever about it, they would advertise Duel, SubTerra, and whatever new characters they can get into Cbeebies, that way they cover family with Duel, “thrill” (I use that loosely) with N:ST and children with Cbeebies
They're not clever enough to use Friday the 13th for marketing are they?

I agree but in fairness Craig it's far more tolerable than previous discussion in this thread :tearsofjoy:

You can say anthing you want about Merlin, but you can never fault there marketing strategies. They are literally the Disney at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't ever recall Disney using anything as lame as "World's First rollercoaster fully dedicated to VR" or "World's first rollercoaster to infuse wood with fire" or my personal favourite "World's first Cbeebies Land hotel".

if only they gave them damm moving wall mechanisms in there some oil XD. The squeaking is louder than the music!
For some reason, I always felt like the squeaking added to the experience in a positive way. It created some kind of foreboding for me somehow. Gives a good excuse for Merlin to not maintain their rides!

Last edited:
I’ve already made clear that people are free to speculate and discuss how they wish provided it generally remains sensible and on topic. It may be a bit repetitive and a bit silly at times but that’s closed season for you! Where things go well off on a tangent we’ll jump in, but it’s clear actual updates are going to be few and far between when the park is closed and the attraction is indoors.

I don't ever recall Disney using anything as lame as "World's First rollercoaster fully dedicated to VR" or "World's first rollercoaster to infuse wood with fire" or my personal favourite "World's first Cbeebies Land hotel".

Still did the job didn’t it? It’s not necessary the tagline, marketing so much more than this! Either way it sticks in your mind and you remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not clever enough to use Friday the 13th for marketing are they?
I think you're correct so far as nothing has been announced yet! :p
I'm have expecting they'll be saying 'World's First All Purple Monorail' at the park at this rate giving how I can't think what else they can market now. You'd wish they stop it as it just makes them look either desperate or foolish.

As already mentioned today would be a great day to start doing some duel marketing as they usually start doing some teasing this time of year and with it being Friday the 13th.

Fingers crossed it'll be ready in March 🤞if they know it probably won't be ready for opening then I guess they'll wait a bit longer for any teasers

As already mentioned today would be a great day to start doing some duel marketing as they usually start doing some teasing this time of year and with it being Friday the 13th.

Fingers crossed it'll be ready in March 🤞if they know it probably won't be ready for opening then I guess they'll wait a bit longer for any teasers
John W himself stated in the interview that he's also hoping for it to be ready in March, especially opening day. So yeah, fingers crossed 🤞

John W himself stated in the interview that he's also hoping for it to be ready in March, especially opening day. So yeah, fingers crossed 🤞
There's 7 of us going the week after opening weekend one has never been to a theme park one barely gets to towers as he's from Scotland and the rest of us are fanatics.

And Duel after the big refurb is definitely high on the to do list.
Having said that I've always said I'm glad they closed it early as the more time they're spending means the bigger the project and after listening to that interview it does fill me with hope.

When Sean said the laser blasters made the ride competitive therefore rerideable and Wardley replying the amount of detail in the refurb is what will make people want to get many rides on it fills me with hope for the project too.

There's 7 of us going the week after opening weekend one has never been to a theme park one barely gets to towers as he's from Scotland and the rest of us are fanatics.

Having said that I've always said I'm glad they closed it early as the more time they're spending means the bigger the project and after listening to that interview it does fill me with hope.

When Sean said the laser blasters made the ride competitive therefore rerideable and Wardley replying the amount of detail in the refurb is what will make people want to get many rides on it fills me with hope for the project too.
Does this mean this is probably the first time John has (partly) designed an attractions theme ever since air? 21 years, blimey!

Last edited:

Aye, where about in Scotland is one of them from? Given what we have on offer up here, he'll be grateful on what Towers will have even if the park isn't at its best! :p But yeah, I hope it all goes well for all of you then.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.