• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It'll be interesting to see how they go about building further hype for this and particularly getting beyond the general public's "Hasn't this always been here?" hurdle.

It'll be interesting to see how they go about building further hype for this and particularly getting beyond the general public's "Hasn't this always been here?" hurdle.
I wonder if it might have a different name that doesn’t contain “The Haunted House”.

As academic as that may sound in the grand scheme of things, naming it something totally different could really help with divorcing it from the previous iterations of the ride in the eyes of non-enthusiasts.

I wonder if it might have a different name that doesn’t contain “The Haunted House”.

As academic as that may sound in the grand scheme of things, naming it something totally different could really help with divorcing it from the previous iterations of the ride in the eyes of non-enthusiasts.
Perhaps, then the public wouldn't compare it as much to the previous iterations, although most enthusiasts and seasoned Towers goers would not forget so easily.

I don’t think it will have haunted house in it and will have its own new unique name. Otherwise people will just see it as an old ride, plus the haunted house as a name now a days is pretty naff!

I’m also thinking they’ll have to do a bit to the front of the house to make people think it’s a new ride and not just walk past it as they’re done duel before, which I’m guessing we’ll see the old tombstone but changed around, and possibly a better entrance to the gardens?

Possessed would be a solid name for it if the storyline is what we think it might be.

Not really a family friendly name though perhaps but I suppose that's a good thing. I don't really see the point of a haunted house if it's really tame unless its got the wow factor Disney's MH or PM which most can't due to budgets.

World of Jumanji has more announcements tomorrow so I’d imagine the Merlin focus is on that first, and Towers will get a push with its new attractions in a few weeks.
It isn't a new attraction(s), it is an old one being tarted up...again.
All the public know that, the only excitement comes from obsessed young foozies.
No amount of name changing will make the people who ride it think it is a new ride...it is simply a thirty year old dark flat ride getting a second makeover...however the overexcited young geeks try to hype it.

If it’s not The Haunted House that opened in 1992, or Duel that opened in 2003, then to me it’s a new ride/new experience. I’m sure many people will think the same. You don’t have to, and that’s fine.

How do you even know at this point? No one knows. When did everyone become mystic Meg all of a sudden.
We do know that the basic ride system is not being replaced, and the shed remains to be open again at some point next year.
I know you are being pedantic, but such simple, basic facts remain.
No Mystic Meg, no "hopeful expectation" just common sense and obvious logic, something sadly lacking in this topic in recent months.

We do know that the basic ride system is not being replaced, and the shed remains to be open again at some point next year.
No Mystic Meg, no "hopeful expectation" just common sense and obvious logic, something sadly lacking in this topic in recent months.
So by that basis you would count Around The World, Toyland Tours, Charlie and the Dungeons as the same attraction, it's all just Around The World tarted up right?

Not sure where you’ve pulled the pedantic card from to be honest. The fact is, no one at the moment, other than people involved in the project know what is in store. You said it will not be a new attraction. Where is the evidence? You’re right, common sense does seem to be lacking.

Anywho... back to speculating before Craig has to warn us again... please?
Oh hi.

I think we can all agree that the park will market it as a “new” attraction no matter what level the refurbishment is. I don’t think you say that only enthusiasts will be attracted by that fact either considering there were a lot of queries about Duel’s status once it closed on social media.

Now whether you agree with said marketing is one’s personal opinion, and is not something that we really need to going back and forth about in this topic.

Back to Duel please :)

Not sure where you’ve pulled the pedantic card from to be honest. The fact is, no one at the moment, other than people involved in the project know what is in store. You said it will not be a new attraction. Where is the evidence? You’re right, common sense does seem to be lacking.
If you look into it logically. MMM van only appeared around the middle of last year? Ride closed in September, is that really long enough to completely gut a ride and rebuild? Is 6-7 months long enough to completely redesign every set, have all the props and scenery made off site, then installed and painted/finished and tested?
The ride never looked a hive of activity, it should have looked like a building site if indeed it was one. I'd have thought we would have heard more by now if it was a big enough change, same with sub terra. I'm sure they'll release something soon so people book some park tickets, must be a massive drain on finances over the winter.

The original HH building was water tight in Sep 1991 I believe (based on the info in the Smoke & Mirrors book). That would have given them a similar time period to install and theme the entire ride for its March 1992 opening.

Considering it is likely that at least some portion of the existing theming will remain it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for a realistic March 2023 opening.

If you look into it logically. MMM van only appeared around the middle of last year? Ride closed in September, is that really long enough to completely gut a ride and rebuild? Is 6-7 months long enough to completely redesign every set, have all the props and scenery made off site, then installed and painted/finished and tested?
The ride never looked a hive of activity, it should have looked like a building site if indeed it was one. I'd have thought we would have heard more by now if it was a big enough change, same with sub terra. I'm sure they'll release something soon so people book some park tickets, must be a massive drain on finances over the winter.
I guess for all we know the set pieces could have started to be built a long time before we had confirmation that the ride would no longer be Duel.

Taking old set pieces out is a relatively quick job so I reckon that the majority of the time between September and March will be taken by installing the new set pieces and lighting the scenes correctly.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.