• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Quite a long name for a ride, not a bad name for a book/film or TV series.

Suppose it further supports the heavy story telling we are going to see.

Are we likely to see Toy Land Tours props used inside? If they kept any?

God, I just remembered. I know where they got the name from now....

@Matt.GC

I've been onboard with the retheme of Duel since it was announced and I think it's a great idea, however I'm not a fan of the new name...

Should it not be The Curse OF Alton Manor not AT?

Also just for consistency I think I'd have preferred The Curse of The Haunted House. After all, for the last two versions it's the house has been called The Haunted House, and it is the same house, so why has its name suddenly changed...

I've been onboard with the retheme of Duel since it was announced and I think it's a great idea, however I'm not a fan of the new name...

Should it not be The Curse OF Alton Manor not AT?

Also just for consistency I think I'd have preferred The Curse of The Haunted House. After all, for the last two versions it's the house has been called The Haunted House, and it is the same house, so why has its name suddenly changed...

Is a haunted house not cursed by default?

So that would be the curse of the cursed house….

Really like this, as Dave said the name is a bit wordy but it is not a massive issue. Other rides have had equally long names in the park (Curse of DarKastle comes to mind) and it will no doubt just get shorted by many to either Alton Manor or Curse.

Love the promo image, one of the best ones done in recent years! Actually really looking forward to this.

I do also think that leaving the Haunted House name behind is a good idea. This is a new ride concept, no another rehash of the original.

I don’t really think many people agree with this in all actuality other than you and @Trooper Looper.
And Merlin Entertainments apparently. The park is lacking a major, original all-rounder ride, with nothing in between big coasters and young kids IP areas, so it makes sense.
You also may not have been saying the concept can’t be reimagined, but you certainly implied it.
I can't help things I didn't say.
The whole concept of a ghost train is to be thrilling
It seems more like you saying what a ghost train can or can't be than me saying anything about this. Wait and see what they create! It might be thrilling and fun like the original.

Quite a long name for a ride, not a bad name for a book/film or TV series.

Suppose it further supports the heavy story telling we are going to see.

Are we likely to see Toy Land Tours props used inside? If they kept any?
Some old mutilated TT props would be a great shout. Perhaps we’ll have a bathroom scene and The Flume Duck will live on once more…

I'm not massive on the curse angle. Not because it's a bad idea just because it's been done too much with "Hex Legend of the Towers" (about a curse) and Thirteen (about curses), now "The Curse at Alton Manor". Please make this the best of the lot then start over on Dark Forest!

As for what's inside, very excited!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.