• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ah my daily post it seems. As I mentioned would happen earlier this week, I’ve removed a large number of posts which are just repeated discussion from earlier in the topic. To confirm:
  • This is not the place to post your speculation repeatedly. If you’ve said it already, it serves no purpose to say it again. Warnings will be sent in future which could impact your posting privileges. People have been given more than enough warnings over the last few months.
  • As others have pointed out, the exit changes were discussed at length when they were introduced. We don’t need to go through the same motions again.
Now if you’re unable to remember the points you’ve made previously in this topic, might I suggest the search function at the top right of this topic. You can search by your own username and specify your search only to this topic. Thanks.

Ah my daily post it seems. As I mentioned would happen earlier this week, I’ve removed a large number of posts which are just repeated discussion from earlier in the topic. To confirm:
  • This is not the place to post your speculation repeatedly. If you’ve said it already, it serves no purpose to say it again. Warnings will be sent in future which could impact your posting privileges. People have been given more than enough warnings over the last few months.
  • As others have pointed out, the exit changes were discussed at length when they were introduced. We don’t need to go through the same motions again.
Now if you’re unable to remember the points you’ve made previously in this topic, might I suggest the search function at the top right of this topic. You can search by your own username and specify your search only to this topic. Thanks.
Honestly mate, if you had a pound for every time you had to repeat yourself over the past few days telling people to stay on topic on all the threads so far, you'd be a rich man by now.

Last edited:
Sky looks a bit blue for January? Old picture?

Doubt Wardly is on site today, it's only a couple of deg above freezing

The sky absolutely can look like that on a clear day, in January. It is usually when you see the blue sky against less colour, such as winter foliage that the blue looks less, perhaps that's why you think that, without a clear frame of reference it is hard to judge against. But you do get blistering and gorgeous blue sky's in January, we had some here the other day.

Also, the thick jackets, gloves and neck warmer / headscarf's they are wearing would suggest this is a recent photo and it is very cold, I mean you will not wear them on a warmer day would you? You would overheat.

I guess John would be no stranger to cold weather, seeing as most of his creations would have been brought to life in the coldest and darkest depths of winter.
Fairly certain this is a recent photo with all the above in mind, anyway that is kind of off the point a bit, but thought it is worth a mention.

Regardless of any of that, it is starting to get exciting now, I think we are on the precipice of getting some substantial information. Something I am sure both Johns are all too keenly aware of

All in all a successful deduction that the photo is, indeed, a photo of John and John stood outside a ride in January.

original.gif

So by that basis you would count Around The World, Toyland Tours, Charlie and the Dungeons as the same attraction, it's all just Around The World tarted up right?

Toyland Tours did reused quite a lot of the Around the world in 80 days theming structure.

Anyway that’s a slight digression

Toyland Tours did reused quite a lot of the Around the world in 80 days theming structure.
What parts? All of Around the World was gutted completely

If anything is kept for this new haunted house, I imagine it'll be because it doesnt need removing if the new theme suits it. Anything that doesnt match the new theme will probably go. We know now it's a new ride but a new haunted house theme, which sounds like a great idea for the park.

Although most, if not all of the Around the World theming was done away with, most of the basic framework was reused for TT (The archways and background facades).

Even the main exterior structure wasn't really altered massively, it just had additional theming installed and a repaint. It just makes sense to utilise as much as they can as this saves money for other aspects of the project.

Although most, if not all of the Around the World theming was done away with, most of the basic framework was reused for TT (The archways and background facades).
I'm not sure what you mean, the set was completely done away with for Toyland and even the placement of the scenes was different. What was 2 Around The World scenes and part of Doom & Sons was knocked through to make the big finale scene in Toyland for example. The background walls for Toyland were totally different scenery. Other than the exterior it was a totally new ride.

The Haunted House won't be as big a transformation but then it doesnt need to be with it being a similar theme.

TEAM EDIT - Removed extremely low quality video

Looks like Duels iconic sign is finally gone!!! And the skip at the back is nowhere to be seen as well, presumably as the gutting process is done now. So maybe we could see a spike of activity outside the rides facade soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough that is a good point, I just meant in terms of since the skip has gone, it would be reasonable to think the ripping out of things was over and they were just focusing on adding things at this point
Unless the skip was full and another one is on it's way? I really hope they remove the crypt though, there's no need for it now the blasters and zombie theme are no more.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.