• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

118_2023-03-181679131643.9301257394634.jpg

I like how they have reused the crypt roof that covered the zombie before before has now been shifted to the entrance which does actually fit in well and honestly however the ride might be, at the very least we can say that entrance wise it looks better than what HH or Duel ever had, the latter just having some basic sign so this is a major improvement for sure. Plus nice to see all the gravestones given a bit of TLC for sure

Probably fair to say that Mr Burton is a fan of Haunted Mansion judging by that photo.

118_2023-03-181679131643.9301257394634.jpg

I like how they have reused the crypt roof that covered the zombie before before has now been shifted to the entrance which does actually fit in well and honestly however the ride might be, at the very least we can say that entrance wise it looks better than what HH or Duel ever had, the latter just having some basic sign so this is a major improvement for sure. Plus nice to see all the gravestones given a bit of TLC for sure
Given the relatively basic implementation of this, the 'Alton Manor' signs, the crypt being given an overhaul, the new shop sign and adding some themeing to the food outlet, it's amazing how much more of a fleshed out 'land' this seems to be than it ever has previously

In a case of time repeating itself, John Burton is currently running around the track trying to get certain cars moving.

Typical Towers screw-up. Be hell-bent on opening a new ride on day 1 of the season when it wasn't ready. History repeats itself...
1998 - Oblivion was nowhere near ready
2002 - Air was nowhere near ready
2003 - Splash Landings opened for the press event, then closed for 2 weeks as it was not ready (outdoor pools in waterpark had no water too)

It's probably perfectly fine and ready to go but don't they like to have some sort of opening ceremony and all that jazz? Wouldn't read too much into it not opening at 10am. They will want to build up the suspense a bit.
I don't since 1992 they've had an big opening ceremony for a ride though Sonic Spinball did have something of an opening ceremony IIRC. I do wish the park did this more rather just having it all open on the opening weekend of the park.

Typical Towers screw-up. Be hell-bent on opening a new ride on day 1 of the season when it wasn't ready. History repeats itself...
1998 - Oblivion was nowhere near ready
2002 - Air was nowhere near ready
2003 - Splash Landings opened for the press event, then closed for 2 weeks as it was not ready (outdoor pools in waterpark had no water too)
I would argue that the original HH had a similar problem with the need of getting staff to sit on the ride cars to hit the reset switch until they could figure out the problem. Big queue so far yes but once it opens that monster throughput will eat that queue down like no tomorrow.

Everything looks great from outside so far and perfectly weathered. Just a question should there be a back light on Emily in the smashed window? Also feel they missed a trick by not putting a smoke machine coming out of the crypt and creating a low fog/Smokey atmosphere outside the house.

The moving pram genius and all the signage show so much thought has gone in the ride. I feel there deliberately building the hype, by having a delayed opening. But I completely understand why from Merlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk