• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Watching that POV did also give me an idea about how they could enhance the dark “hide and seek” scene.

I’ve heard rumblings that the scenery from Duel is still there in this section (I don’t know if that’s true or not). If that’s the case, they have the zombie mechanisms there that pop out from windows on both sides.

With this in mind, could they repurpose the mechanisms from those zombies, but replace the zombies themselves with Emily’s fingers?

They could synchronise the movements of these with the audio that’s currently played in that section. So when she first goes “I’m here!”, it could be her fingers coming from the left. And then when she goes “Or maybe I’m here!” it could be her fingers coming from the right. They could keep the lighting reasonably dark in this section, but have the fingers reaching through each window lit up in unison with Emily speaking.

That would also fit with the final jumpscare of that section, where her giant hand reaches down to grab you and Emily shouts “Found you!”.

What do you guys think to that idea? I reckon it would enhance that scene while also being fairly cost-effective; seeing as the mechanisms from Duel are rumoured to still be there, I don’t see it being too expensive to reuse them and put a new skin on them.

Watching that POV did also give me an idea about how they could enhance the dark “hide and seek” scene.

I’ve heard rumblings that the scenery from Duel is still there in this section (I don’t know if that’s true or not). If that’s the case, they have the zombie mechanisms there that pop out from windows on both sides.

With this in mind, could they repurpose the mechanisms from those zombies, but replace the zombies themselves with Emily’s fingers?

They could synchronise the movements of these with the audio that’s currently played in that section. So when she first goes “I’m here!”, it could be her fingers coming from the left. And then when she goes “Or maybe I’m here!” it could be her fingers coming from the right. They could keep the lighting reasonably dark in this section, but have the fingers reaching through each window lit up in unison with Emily speaking.

That would also fit with the final jumpscare of that section, where her giant hand reaches down to grab you and Emily shouts “Found you!”.

What do you guys think to that idea? I reckon it would enhance that scene while also being fairly cost-effective; seeing as the mechanisms from Duel are rumoured to still be there, I don’t see it being too expensive to reuse them and put a new skin on them.
That would most certainly be a massive upgrade to that area!

Hate to break it to you folks, but the Original ride already did that. Would be cool to see nevertheless.
I know you’re talking about the Giant scene here, but with Emily’s audio being there as well, it wouldn’t be exactly the same, particularly if the fingers appearing was well timed with the audio.

If you’ve read my previous posts on the topic, you’ll be well aware that I’m not exactly a HH purist by any means. However, I’ll admit that I feel that doing something similar to what I described in that scene would fit the current ride well and present an improvement on the dark scene that’s there currently while also offering a fun nod to the original for those who care about that sort of thing!

I know you’re talking about the Giant scene here, but with Emily’s audio being there as well, it wouldn’t be exactly the same, particularly if the fingers appearing was well timed with the audio.

If you’ve read my previous posts on the topic, you’ll be well aware that I’m not exactly a HH purist by any means. However, I’ll admit that I feel that doing something similar to what I described in that scene would fit the current ride well and present an improvement on the dark scene that’s there currently while also offering a fun nod to the original for those who care about that sort of thing!
Very true! That and the scenes original state with the fingers state only lasted until around May 1992 until they were replaced by Monsters, so giving the giant fingers concept another go would be very thoughtful of them.

Last edited:
Yeah that is essentially the same idea as the original scene, so I don't think they'd do that being a new ride and all

Last edited:
When I rode it the first time the dark section was probably the creepiest because your anticipating something jumping out at you. It just doesn't work after the first ride because you know nothings going to happen. Utilising the windows again with flashes of light giving brief glimpses of Emily trying to find you synced with the audio and keeping the darkness in between would probably be a nice idea. I don't think bringing the fingers back would work because you aren't expecting the big hand jump scare the first time.

The giant spider would be difficult to replace with something as effective I think, so altering it's appearance to suit the new ride is a good call. Even though the original ride was known for its large animations the fingers were to slow to work as a jump scares which is why they were changed and were to disjointed from the giants head.

Last edited:
In the hide and seek area they really need to utilise surround sound much better - syncing onboard sound with well places speakers - with subtle sudden visuals such as a kids den/tent i.e. bunk bed covered in a blankets dimly illuminated from within - then the blanket is twitched aside as though its being opened from inside - and the light is extinguished only for the guests to hear running childs feet around the carriage in pitch darkness and in all directions culminating in a loud 'voice in your ear' sound and an airblast in guests hair...... similar to the 'Sweeny Todd or equivalent in the Dungeon attractions.

Another corner could be a door with a mirror on it - it creeks open ( well outwards) and in doing so you get a glimpse of Emily holding a candle - she blows it out again - pitch black again - and another jump scare - maybe a screeching gramophone or something!

The could have also built back prodders into the seats - which could have been matched-up to a sequence where giant Emily Jabs a human-size Voodoo Doll!

Emz is currently being scrubbed off her home in Manchester. Sent by a former colleague:

336511750_137163142658124_7067153698108957209_n.jpg