• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

With technology much more precise these days than it was in the 90s we really shouldn't be queuing up for a brand new ride wondering if this or that effect is going to work....

Eh?

Things break or get out of sync. I operate £1.6 million pound state of the art equipment in my job and they break.

The modernity makes no difference. I appreciate you want any reason to hate on this ride but this is now approaching silly season.

The outdoor queuing area on Curse was looking pretty shoddy today. Given they’ve put so much effort with the gravestone Easter eggs, you’d think they’d be on top of basic maintenance.

The whole area within the fences is plastered in nettles (with some on the verge of growing through the fence into the queue lines), most are half the height of the gravestones so you cannot even read them. Wish I’d taken some pictures to show, but sad to see considering it would only take someone a couple of hours to resolve.

I get that these are natural weeds growing, but it just looked neglected.

The outdoor queuing area on Curse was looking pretty shoddy today. Given they’ve put so much effort with the gravestone Easter eggs, you’d think they’d be on top of basic maintenance.

The whole area within the fences is plastered in nettles (with some on the verge of growing through the fence into the queue lines), most are half the height of the gravestones so you cannot even read them. Wish I’d taken some pictures to show, but sad to see considering it would only take someone a couple of hours to resolve.

This is a real test, these weeds grow fast so they need to be on it.

I won’t hold my breath.

You could argue if goes with the look and theme, then when Alton closed for Maintence they can get the cutters back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've hit new lows if weeds and nettles are classed as theming
I mean the exterior has never been themed as such. Everything happens inside the ride. In terms of the actual theme and story it's one of the best in this country imo. Towers certainly are the best park for theming, alton manor and Wicker man being the clear examples of what they're capable of. That being said I think Saw and Swarm are very nicely themed, but the rest of Thorpe isn't really themed as such. I think the thing that sets Alton manor apart to most rides is the level of detail. They've thought about how the ride flows. It's like a continuous story rather than just random bits of theming like on Duel. Albeit there are some weak points that haven't been worked on but the scenes they have worked on are completely different to before.

Last edited:
Moving walls not working today at all, audio is an absolute mess on the ride. Flying heads mostly not working, mirror effect is slightly out of time now, seems too far behind your car, definitely not in sync. Hope they’re not letting it slip.
That implies that it actually worked to begin with.

Countless rides I’ve had on this I’ve never had a perfect run through.

That's very worrying! I really hope AT keeps on top of maintenance!
Has it occurred that maybe MMM or the park's maintenance staff would have been able to keep on top of basic things for Alton Manor if they weren't all currently based working getting Sub Terra into operation?

Just a theory mind you though would explain why many things can be left to rot rather quickly as it proves that MMM are a small team that is very thinly spread and could only focus on one project at a time such as they likely all round Sub Terra at this moment in time. Maybe had they double the amount of people working then maybe the others could have been tweaking Alton Manor as we speak or something else useful?