• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

A polite reminder as the season approaches. If you're using a website's pictures in your posts, it's preferable embed their social media post. If that isn't possible, please link back to their website - regardless of if there's a watermark on the photo or not.

Sites and creators put a lot of effort into bringing you updates - please just take an extra minute or two to properly credit them. Thanks :)

While its laudable that they’re doing work to put canopy’s over the Wickerman queue, I can think of a few other structures that should take priority

Bianca, John, anyone from Merlin :

The bag check tents are hideous and need a permanent replacement

They’re the first thing you see when you arrive at the entrance plaza and make a terrible first impression. Even if it was something as basic as a wooden canopy structure this would be a massive improvement. Bag check evidently isn’t going away so why do we still have such a temporary solution years down the line

While its laudable that they’re doing work to put canopy’s over the Wickerman queue, I can think of a few other structures that should take priority

They’re the first thing you see when you arrive at the entrance plaza and make a terrible first impression. Even if it was something as basic as a wooden canopy structure this would be a massive improvement. Bag check evidently isn’t going away so why do we still have such a temporary solution years down the line

I couldn’t agree more I mean I’ve never seen temporary gazebos outside any other theme park entrance in the world. If anything they should be moved over towards the side and to a more permanent/themed structure like you said, with a separate Que for bag checks. Instead of blocking the whole entrance, exspecially when the idea behind removing all the old kiosk huts to open it all up for a more spacious entrance.

The entrance gazebos are becoming the new retro squads. We might have to open a new thread to discuss weekly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I’ve never seen temporary gazebos outside any other theme park entrance in the world.
Disneyworld had them for quite a while, once when they first started bag checks and then they made those permanent structures but later added metal detector arches so tents came back.

I’d argue they’d be better trying to “security seal” the entrance plaza and placing the bag checks as a requirement getting on the monorail (resort side) or entering the entrance plaza from either side. Putting them out the way in the corners as permanent structures. Creating a DLP bubble type scenario.

This would then free up the entrance plaza for some redevelopment, a water feature perhaps, akin to ATH and SLH? Maybe Swan/Hound/Algenon inspired? Along with suitable lighting.

Or a re-creation of the old ticket booths with some better lighting for the purposes of bag checks may also be an option with security fencing between.

Another part of the park that seems to have gone backwards rather than forwards.

I can forgive the gazebos for now. I’d say the whole entrance is due some work, alongside the monorail. Why spend money now if in a few years time they know something is happening. Just playing devils advocate.

A lot of improvements on park but we have to remember the available budget is finite.

If they were to develop the entrance to AT, what I'd think would work is besides the monorail station and main ticket office area needing work, maybe some more albeit light theming?

We all know the corkscrew was placed there in remembrance of... Well, Corkscrew. So maybe they could add bits of theming from older attractions, if they still have them?