• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

These updates are great. Bianca’s communications with fans are amazing too - love her. She’s perfect for the resort.

Shame Hex is coming later in the season and Skyride is not opening again this year, however…I’m not fussed too much because there seems to be more transparency from the Merlin parks these days and I’m here for the “openness”.

Interesting the dungeons will close for scarefest…😉

Also glad the map is getting a much needed refresh!

The other significant news from Bianaca's update is that The Alton Towers Dungeon will close this summer to be reimagined for Scarefest:
1709923881905.png

The wording is such that it is not entirely clear if she's saying there will be an overlay of the Dungeon for Scarefest, an entirely new version of the Dungeon, or a completely new experience going in the space. All options are possible.

Either way, one week until opening, and Dungeon tickets are still not on sale! 🤔

Finally. Transparency.

Bianca is tasked with spearheading the reversal of a decade or more of neglect.
This. Although some of the news today is not good, far from it, the transparent approach is completely new and refreshing.

I am looking forward to seeing the improvements that have been made across the park. Things like that additional theming in X-Sextor as posted above are steps in the right direction.

This. Although some of the news today is not good, far from it, the transparent approach is completely new and refreshing.

I am looking forward to seeing the improvements that have been made across the park. Things like that additional theming in X-Sextor as posted above are steps in the right direction.
Not to mention finally jet washing Galactica Rita and Smiler

I only just flicked back in this thread but I really like the Oblivion arcade exterior refresh. Good to see

£10 to park is a fairly standard amount, if a little high, for major European theme parks. Adjust the £6 it's been for years, for inflation, and it's not too bad. Of course it'd be better as free (all theme park parking should be free IMO), but we should be glad it's not the ridiculous amounts that they charge over in the States. I've booked Hersheypark parking today in advance of a visit in the summer, because it was *only* $25 online vs $35 on the day. Other parks, a lot more.