• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

It’s giving me 2005-2007 map VIBES.

I’ll reserve judgment until first day of the season when trying to see people use it to actually navigate the park! The number of people I’ve seen in recent year crowding around the one of the path to FV from gloomy wood trying to work out how to get to A to B!

Have a look on Amazon. They don't have a till on there. The till thing isn't relevant any more, it's all about the psychological effect these days.
I said started, and aside from. I never denied that there was a psychological link, just that it was an unintended benefit that's now became the default.
Unless of course they have a pocket full of pennies!
When I typed out my first response, I did wonder how long it would take you to mention your pocket full of pennies!

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, I can’t say that every single thing is pointing in the right direction.

Hex and Skyride not ready for the new season despite having had a year to work on them both, scrapping of events, apparent delays on Horizon, Retro Squad all removed with no replacement, an apparent attempt to persist with the Dungeon rather than getting something new in there, car parking prices increasing etc.

Heading in the right direction - seemingly.
Is everything perfect - certainly not

Wow glass half full or what? The sky ride and hex are both still having refurbishment works, these things take time, parts, man power they had to prioritise nemmy understandably for opening day. So really the total of all the rides and offering there only two rides down for Maintence and refurbishment? Is this not the norm at majority of theme parks around the world? They are going to be open with improvements how is that not a step in the right direction? You can see the works on the sky ride were happening ages ago, clearly takes time to get such complex rides open, I think we’re being a little impatient here.

We still have many great Events this season, where a few years ago we didn’t have half this many? The events that have been scrapped needed to go think we all agree on that. The themepark doesn’t need constant events all year, I personally don’t think I’ve ever planned my decision to go AT around an event. Apart from Halloween and fireworks night or a launch of a new ride.

Pirates, AT after dark, October fest, Scarefest, fireworks, Christmas plenty?
I must add say they been adding street theatre, characters and meet & greets, something we also lacked for years.

Car park prices will go up as inflation does, like the rest of the world unfortunately.

Retro squads rides needed to go there are plans to replace Bianca confirmed they have purchased 3, but as we seen in the planning application for project ocean they don’t just want to plonk them down anyway, they want to theme theme plan according and landscape. Again this is all going in the right direction no?

Adding to this they also added Sub Terror back to the line up, Curse was a success, waterfalls back on, fire back on big Bob and it appears major TLC has taken place across the park.

I’m sorry you can’t deny with new management and being privately owned it’s all going in the right direction?

we can always pick flaws and what we would like to change or scrutinise but come on this is great for AT and I’m backing it all the way this year, we don’t need to constantly complain anymore I feel this is a new chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmation that Forbidden Valley will keep its name?

I quite like it. A bit like the Thorpe map, it’s more navigational than the previous ones.

I tried doing a dodgy screenshot on my phone so it may not come out very clearly. I’m sure a high quality version will appear at some point today.

IMG_2054.jpeg

The skyride has had a years work on it?
News to me.
You mean paint and scaffolding?
If it had the resources spent on it like the Curse and Nemesis have...
If the damn thing had really been worked on for a year, it would be opening next week.
It hasn't, so it isn't.
It isn't a headline attraction, so it hasn't had the work needed.
Screw the less mobile for another year, they don't matter.
They can't work on the ride for the entire time as parts can take months to make and arrive (these parts will have to be made to order and can take time) they probably recieved the part and instaled it recently (the parks may require equipment to install) and then when reassembling discovered something was broken, out of tollerance etc or it was broken when reassembling it (I am reminded of a broken gearbox that was broken by the crain people lifting from the shaft fron ryan the ride mechanic)

Confirmation that Forbidden Valley will keep its name?

I quite like it. A bit like the Thorpe map, it’s more navigational than the previous ones.

I tried doing a dodgy screenshot on my phone so it may not come out very clearly. I’m sure a high quality version will appear at some point today.

IMG_2054.jpeg
Why is Sub terra mentioned on the map but not curse. Bit bizzare