• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Only thing that could have improved the video is if Henry Hound replaced the Alton Bear….
That would have been the comeback of the year, along with Henrietta would have been the comeback of year better than Nemesis! :D

Would have marked out like crazy if this had happened! :p

lol they put out a really nice video that’s well produced going over some of the many improvements they’ve made, and people on here are still all moan moan moan how dare they say best ever season.

Poor Bianca. She just can’t win can she?

We agree on the video being good but seriously it’s called a discussion forum, if discussion offends you then the format isn’t for you.

lol they put out a really nice video that’s well produced going over some of the many improvements they’ve made, and people on here are still all moan moan moan how dare they say best ever season.

Poor Bianca. She just can’t win can she?
People are just being a bit pedantic over the use of 'Best Season Ever'. It's OK to discuss it. Most people have also acknowledged that it was a good video and that the new leadership looks to be positive, which I totally agree with. I don't think anyone's really laying into them. Bianca seems to be very passionate about improving the place :)

This looks good and I'm happy to hear of new investments going on. For most people all they are worried about is am I going to have a good time they aren't necessarily going to be comparing things to how they where back in the day. So long as they feel like they got there moneys worth they will be happy.

People are just being a bit pedantic over the use of 'Best Season Ever'. It's OK to discuss it. Most people have also acknowledged that it was a good video and that the new leadership looks to be positive, which I totally agree with. I don't think anyone's really laying into them. Bianca seems to be very passionate about improving the place :)
Don’t they say that almost every year?

That video felt...I don't know how to describe it...cute? In a good way, like I felt spoken to directly as someone who cares about the place.

I've not followed the park or theme parks in general in the last few years as much as I used to, but always remember comms from the park either being full-on fantastical marketing that irked me, interviews on telly which were vague and corporate...or nothing at all.

I won't knock them for appearing proud of improvements, no matter how small or how desperately needed for years they are.

To be fair, it will be the "best season yet" for the new management team.

Also, I wonder if there'll be another video in the next few days, showcasing/teasing Forbidden Valley? Reason I suggest that is that this video did finish somewhat abruptly with Bianca saying "I'm off to Forbidden Valley". I didn't think it was the end of the video so thought we were going to see some of that to end the video but we didn't.

That video felt...I don't know how to describe it...cute? In a good way, like I felt spoken to directly as someone who cares about the place.

I've not followed the park or theme parks in general in the last few years as much as I used to, but always remember comms from the park either being full-on fantastical marketing that irked me, interviews on telly which were vague and corporate...or nothing at all.

I won't knock them for appearing proud of improvements, no matter how small or how desperately needed for years they are.

The video reminds me a lot of the ones Efteling put out on Instagram. I hope they keep making them, it’s a brilliant way to engage with the public and thoosies.

I love that video. More of the same thing, please.

It's starting to feel like 2024 could be a turning point for Towers. I hope Bianca stays for a while to sort things out.

I think it will likely be a mixed season, but improving the park would never be a one-season job when there's over a decade of neglect to fix.

I like the fact they are being open and welcome the video ….

…. But it doesn’t really give me anything new. The talk is of things that should be maintained year on year anyway. The waterpark being a prime example of this. Cleaning the rides being another.

What would be really important for me would be to see upgrades to the monorail, getting the skyride up and running, improving food and drink offerings, new beds in the hotel rooms, better entertainment in the hotels, access and tours of the ruins, reinstating the gardens to their former glory etc.

It’s all well and good saying we’ve fixed the waterpark, put a new galactica sign up, jet washed the Smiler - but aren’t these things that should be done anyway by means of routine maintenance? And if I am to pay £10 to park and £60+ to enter the park, sorry guys, but I want more.

Again, I welcome the video and hope there are more of them, but there wasn’t really anything there to suggest it will be the best year ever …. Well, maybe in terms of profits for them perhaps it might be with the increase in prices.

Im hopeful I will be proved wrong and I wish Bianca all the luck in the world but ultimately it’s the Merlin HQ which control the budgets and give the orders - let’s wait and see.

Last edited:
This seems to imply the Dungeons aren't done yet and only temporarily closed! Which personally I feel is a shame I was hoping for a permanent replacement.
I get the impression they might be shuffling it out of operation. The fact it is closing before Summer, that's very early to close something for an overlay and suggests they are doing a graceful, quiet closure of a less than successful attraction. I'd be surprised if it's back in its current form again.

It is, however, possible that they are keeping The Dungeon but installing permanent new scenes which will debut for Scarefest and then become the permanent new version of the ride.

Either way, it is an odd move to be closing it directly before their busiest period of the year.

I like the fact they are being open and welcome the video ….

…. But it doesn’t really give me anything new. The talk is of things that should be maintained year on year anyway. The waterpark being a prime example of this. Cleaning the rides being another.

What would be really important for me would be to see upgrades to the monorail, getting the skyride up and running, improving food and drink offerings, new beds in the hotel rooms, better entertainment in the hotels, access and tours of the ruins, reinstating the gardens to their former glory etc.

It’s all well and good saying we’ve fixed the waterpark, put a new galactica sign up, jet washed the Smiler - but aren’t these things that should be done anyway by means of routine maintenance? And if I am to pay £10 to park and £60+ to enter the park, sorry guys, but I want more.

Again, I welcome the video and hope there are more of them, but there wasn’t really anything there to suggest it will be the best year ever …. Well, maybe in terms of profits for them perhaps it might be with the increase in prices.

Im hopeful I will be proved wrong and I wish Bianca all the luck in the world but ultimately it’s the Merlin HQ which control the budgets and give the orders - let’s wait and see.
Yep, worrying how easily people are sucked in by a well produced marketing video

Only thing that could have improved the video is if Henry Hound replaced the Alton Bear….

This…

Alton Bear isn’t/shouldnt be the parks mascot. Henry/Henrietta hound is much more unique and goes in to the history of the place

Overall a good video, but Alton should always never give too much away. It’s not Thorpe or Chessington, it’s always at its best leaning into its sense of history and mystery.

Does feel like the end of Dungeons, or a mild overlay for scare fest. Bags of potential. But it may be another up charge for scare fest perhaps? Using the old lift rooms.

And did I see screens on the wall in the hex queue?

God help us

It’s all well and good saying we’ve fixed the waterpark, put a new galactica sign up, jet washed the Smiler - but aren’t these things that should be done anyway by means of routine maintenance?
You're right, but these are things that have been neglected for years. The fact they've actually spent some time and money on presentations this year is a positive sign to me that the new management might just be taking these things more seriously.

Someone sounds a bit spoilt. That would take years to do