• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Aren't they doing late nights on a Saturday for the next couple of weeks though? Unless I've got my wires crossed somewhere? Or will the light nights come that quickly? To be honest, even by 6.30pm today it was pretty much getting dark and you could appreciate the lights etc.
Clocks go forward the day after the last alton after dark event. . .which takes sunset to around 19.40.

Anyone else notice some of the supposed maintenance and sparkle that was meant to be taking place around the park was lacking a little? Don’t get me wrong there was some bits of Blivvy and Smiler that had clearly been freshly painted (could still smell it) but for example screens were broken on marmaliser still and the screen before the indoor section on smiler was off. Some screens in Oblivion queue were off as well. Smiler Track was looking better but still bits of green on supports. I understand that all eyes were on Nemesis today but was expecting from some of the promos produced recently that most of the rides had been given the once over.

Though did forget to mention- all toilets have now got automatic taps and automatic hand soap dispensers! What a treat.
I noticed some good things today! The Pagoda Fountain was spraying its water high up into the air (always a delight to see). The Corkscrew fountain was working again. You could actually see the water flow down the waterfall in the rock garden. They'd spruced up the Choragic Monument. Work had also been done on the scalloped wall opposite the Choragic Monument. Obviously, I'm talking about bits and pieces in the gardens. I'm definitely getting the impression that people are listening since this new management team has come into place though. Just lots of little things where you think that 'they didn't really need to do that', but they did anyway, just to make things a bit more special. Or maybe the previous management was that bad that we got accustomed to shoddiness? I don't know. I feel like things are getting better though.

I noticed some good things today! The Pagoda Fountain was spraying its water high up into the air (always a delight to see). The Corkscrew fountain was working again. You could actually see the water flow down the waterfall in the rock garden. They'd spruced up the Choragic Monument. Work had also been done on the scalloped wall opposite the Choragic Monument. Obviously, I'm talking about bits and pieces in the gardens. I'm definitely getting the impression that people are listening since this new management team has come into place though. Just lots of little things where you think that 'they didn't really need to do that', but they did anyway, just to make things a bit more special. Or maybe the previous management was that bad that we got accustomed to shoddiness? I don't know. I feel like things are getting better though.
Is the Monument work done? Excellent, I'll make sure I walk through the gardens when I eventually get to visit this year. Hopefully we've heard something about plans for the Orangery by then as well.

Is the Monument work done? Excellent, I'll make sure I walk through the gardens when I eventually get to visit this year. Hopefully we've heard something about plans for the Orangery by then as well.
To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what they were going to do to it (the monument). It all looks freshly painted and tidy though, so I'm assuming they've done whatever they were doing (got a feeling something about the finial on top has changed, but havn't checked old pics, it's been a Nemesis day and I'm tired haha). All this stuff will be slotted into the middle of my vlog about the Nemesis Reborn opening day which I'll hopefully have done by tomorrow night. Not even going to bother with editing tonight. Just enjoying reading everyone elses thoughts on the day and seeing pics etc :)

I brought it up earlier but I haven't seen anyone mention the fact there's an entire new building on the path between the gloomy wood and Forbidden Valley? Unless I've gone crazy lol, I think it replaced what used to be that small hut that had smoke coming out of it during last season

I brought it up earlier but I haven't seen anyone mention the fact there's an entire new building on the path between the gloomy wood and Forbidden Valley? Unless I've gone crazy lol, I think it replaced what used to be that small hut that had smoke coming out of it during last season
yep used to be a hexagon shaped like the shop by the gate to the towers, now it is a rectangular freestyle,

if you remember it did have a smoke effect added for nemesis promotion with something like geothermal activity and some noise comming from it

Last edited:
Aren't they doing late nights on a Saturday for the next couple of weeks though? Unless I've got my wires crossed somewhere? Or will the light nights come that quickly? To be honest, even by 6.30pm today it was pretty much getting dark and you could appreciate the lights etc.

Yeah there’s 2 more late Saturdays but I’d imagine most people can’t visit again so soon.

I was in there on Saturday as the barriers were not in place to stop access from the conservatory. Saw a fair few others in there. Notably, it was possible to go into the west wing, which was great to see. However, after about 30 minutes some Towers staff came in and cleared us out as apparently they weren't supposed to be open. I did some video though which I'll put up in the next few days, hopefully. Havn't been since Saturday though, so unsure of the official status or if they're open currently.

I'm trying to work out if I'm just misremembering, but the ruins do now have 'opening hours' on the app, which I'm not sure if they did before.

Either way, even if the 'hours' are new, the app currently says The Towers are closed, but that could just be human error, given they're not part of the main attraction list.

I'm trying to work out if I'm just misremembering, but the ruins do now have 'opening hours' on the app, which I'm not sure if they did before.

Either way, even if the 'hours' are new, the app currently says The Towers are closed, but that could just be human error, given they're not part of the main attraction list.
Says they're open now, hours are same as the park hours.

Screenshot_20240318-132431.png

Oh, well ignore me.

I'm going to say, The Ruins reopening is up there as one of the more exciting developments this season. I was saying to a friend at the weekend, that I'm much more likely to consider staying over whilst they are open. They are a factor that makes the difference between the park being a one or two day visit for me.

Also exciting to hear they've actually implemented the plan to reopen the West Wing. I'm not sure when those rooms were last open to explore (i.e. not during Scarefest), certainly not in the past 20 years.

Off the top of their head, does anyone know when The Towers were last open? Have they been open since lockdown?

Just a polite reminder now that the season has begun that the General Discussion topic is for discussion about the park, not about updates about queue times/ride counts.

If you want to talk about day to day queue times/operations, I've created a 2024 topic to allow discussion. Like last year though, if you're on park, enjoy yourself and give us a more detailed lowdown on your day with a trip report when you get back rather than constantly updating throughout the day :).