• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Thanks for the info on The Towers guys. Frustrating that they were "open" on Saturday, only for people to then be kicked out. The latest TS Facebook post implies that once again the building is shut - we were so close...

The benches have their own topic:

;)

I think this is a recent change, and it could well be temporary as I think it has replaced Hex, but Gangsta Granny is now included in the Bronze fastrack package.

Given the attraction’s very low capacity, this is an interesting choice.

IMG_6397.jpeg
They sell quite a limited amount of the packages though I think. It’s the single shot fastracks that are the problem

Gangsta Granny always seems to attract a big queue. Alton Manor fasttrack though, has the queue length ever warranted it? Even last year at scarefest the queue was halfway around the graveyard but never stopped moving

I think this is a recent change, and it could well be temporary as I think it has replaced Hex, but Gangsta Granny is now included in the Bronze fastrack package.

Given the attraction’s very low capacity, this is an interesting choice.

IMG_6397.jpeg
It's a recent change back.

Gangsta Granny replaced Hex on the Bronze Fastrack last season, but it had switched back to Hex in February, back when they thought Hex would reopen in time for the start of the season.

It's a recent change back.

Gangsta Granny replaced Hex on the Bronze Fastrack last season, but it had switched back to Hex in February, back when they thought Hex would reopen in time for the start of the season.

Wait, sorry, it was slightly more complex than in my previous post.

When it closed last season, Hex was replaced by Congo River Rapids.

It had reverted to Hex before the start of the season, but switching to Gangta Granny is a new change.

GG might just be a stop-gap until the Rapids are ready to open then.

Though the bronze package is squarely aimed at the family market it seems they're trying to avoid having any more FT for Thirteen, probably for the best really but a sad reflection on how problematic capacity on that has become over the years, from a queue that took just 70 min from the entrance through all areas back when it opened to an incredibly slow crawl nowadays. Though I guess that's true of most rides that opened at least a decade ago.

On an unrelated note, bronze is a bit rubbish if everything's open. Hex and Curse aren't worth using FT on most of the time which means you're paying £32 for Spinball and RMT. Who's buying this?

There was talk further back about the new building on the path between gloomy wood and forbidden valley, it was the old food/drink kiosk, which closed post Smiler crash (think it might have opened once since then). It’s been knocked down and replaced by a coke freestyle kiosk, which I guess is nice as the nearest one is on the way to Katanga canyon or near galactica.

I think the machines are probably the ones from Burger Kitchen which were removed after a season, as they don’t look partially new.

IMG_5966.jpeg

There was talk further back about the new building on the path between gloomy wood and forbidden valley, it was the old food/drink kiosk, which closed post Smiler crash (think it might have opened once since then). It’s been knocked down and replaced by a coke freestyle kiosk, which I guess is nice as the nearest one is on the way to Katanga canyon or near galactica.

I think the machines are probably the ones from Burger Kitchen which were removed after a season, as they don’t look partially new.

IMG_5966.jpeg
That is a really good building for a freestyle unit