• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Looks very busy today too so coasters going down left right and centre can't be helping at all.

Feeling quite happy with my decision to leave it 4/5 weeks before making my first trip of season. Let the hype die down and also hopefully the ride availability improved too.

Speaking of underwhelming....
Bluey is advertised as a show with a meet and greet (like the others which are pretty good)

It's on 3 times a day, to be able to see it you need to arrive at least half an hour early as the crowds are soo big.

It is less than 7 mins long. Only half of that features Bluey and even then she is just dancing to the theme tune, no story and bluey doesn't speak.

After is a meet and greet, the queue was instantly out of big fun show time back to octonauts, she needs to be out more than 3 times a day, Duggee is out most of the day.

A waste of an IP and who knows why it wasn't on last weekend when there has clearly been zero preparation for it.

Speaking of underwhelming....
Bluey is advertised as a show with a meet and greet (like the others which are pretty good)

It's on 3 times a day, to be able to see it you need to arrive at least half an hour early as the crowds are soo big.

It is less than 7 mins long. Only half of that features Bluey and even then she is just dancing to the theme tune, no story and bluey doesn't speak.

After is a meet and greet, the queue was instantly out of big fun show time back to octonauts, she needs to be out more than 3 times a day, Duggee is out most of the day.

A waste of an IP and who knows why it wasn't on last weekend when there has clearly been zero preparation for it.
No lines being spoken sounds like that potentially is down to the licensing agreement. I wonder what the deal is between BBC Studios and Ludo Studios. If a story wasn’t signed off with BBC Studios and Ludo then, no story and certainly no speaking. There may well be a story driven, spoken show in the works but licensing agreements may be holding this up or they have the agreement with Rainbow Productions/BBC Studios/Ludo Studios for a little dance to the theme and meet & greets only.

I can't speak for Bluey show, but I know the new Bing show that was introduced a while back was massively cut from what was planned, as originally it was planned for the character to fall over and that got cut because it wasn't practical to perform and it's clear whoever wrote it didn't have a background in themed entertainment. The final product was cut so much that supposedly no one from BBC Studios or AT Entertainments wanted to put their name to the script...

It could be a similar situation with the Bluey show where a lot more was planned (they usually aim for a 15 minute runtime) but got cut due to rights issues/impracticalities. It's a really bureaucratic process between the park, the BBC and the production company and each company has its own boundaries and restrictions. Things can always be revised later down the line and shows can be changed much more easily than attractions can be!

Last edited: