• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Yes but while the overall weather there may be better than what was forecast, its also the gusts that will close rides when the overall windspeed is lower. Look at this - every hour lists gusts in excess of 33mph which is pretty much on the limit for The Smiler and Oblivion to close:

1712398368033.png
But even so that’s only 2 rides closed for an hour or 2 of the day that’s not bad. Thorpe everything is open at the moment too and forecast was high gusts there aswell. Does indicate the max gust limits listed on Thorpes website must be wrong because gusts are about 30 there apparently and yet Vortex is open

But even so that’s only 2 rides closed for an hour or 2 of the day that’s not bad. Thorpe everything is open at the moment too and forecast was high gusts there aswell. Does indicate the max gust limits listed on Thorpes website must be wrong because gusts are about 30 there apparently and yet Vortex is open
Or, more likely, the gusts haven't reached the forecasted levels so rides are safe to carry on operating

So at Alton Towers the forecast must be wrong, but at Thorpe Park it is the restrictions listed on the website that are wrong?

This has got to be a record for twisting the narrative even for you.

So at Alton Towers the forecast must be wrong, but at Thorpe Park it is the restrictions listed on the website that are wrong?

This has got to be a record for twisting the narrative even for you.
I meant the forecast in advance from couple days ago. Right now the gusts that are stated at towers must be fairly accurate because they’re below the limit for the rides hence why everything is open. You’d expect forecast on the day to be accurate so if it is then Vortex must have a higher limit or like Rob said it must just mean winds from certain directions

I went a couple of weeks ago and the wandering actors are fantastic and a great addition to the 3 areas they operate in. It would have been so easy to keep them for the exceptional busy days but to have them most days is great. Really impressive addition

Not user of arcades in parks myself. I live in a sea side town where they are in abundance. But our family is a democracy, and the kids and other half love putting my money into those machines. They came in handy when my daughter was under 1.4 and there was nothing for her to do, although a better mix of attractions around the park should be the answer and not an arcade. If Ocean turns out to be a 1.4 thrill flat it would be in a highly inappropriate location.

I really don't like the new oppressive and tacky Warzone world, but that larger new arcade building is a massive improvement on the pokey porta cabin that was there before.

Eee arrr. As been as he's so desperate for it, a few more free views won't hurt. Was even quicker off the mark with the video than I thought, but it's all about getting that video out first isn't it!? Didn't even bother to turn up. Just presumably talks rubbish for over 10 minutes about a refurbed arcade. Obviously woke up today and saw that this was the latest Towers thing to make a video about. These people are so predictable and cynical about their 'passion' :rolleyes:

Eee arrr. As been as he's so desperate for it, a few more free views won't hurt. Was even quicker off the mark with the video than I thought, but it's all about getting that video out first isn't it!? Didn't even bother to turn up. Just presumably talks rubbish for over 10 minutes about a refurbed arcade. Obviously woke up today and saw that this was the latest Towers thing to make a video about. These people are so predictable and cynical about their 'passion' :rolleyes:

No offence to Sean Evans but compared to his fellow vloggers like Shawn Sanbrooke at times he can come across as a bit demanding of what Towers should put in next. But I've seen his vlogs and for the most part he looks like a very nice guy who just loves theme parks. Although him and the rest of the enthuasists have hyped up Nemesis wayyy too much. At the end of the day it's just a roller coaster albeit a really good one

Not user of arcades in parks myself. I live in a sea side town where they are in abundance. But our family is a democracy, and the kids and other half love putting my money into those machines. They came in handy when my daughter was under 1.4 and there was nothing for her to do, although a better mix of attractions around the park should be the answer and not an arcade. If Ocean turns out to be a 1.4 thrill flat it would be in a highly inappropriate location.

I really don't like the new oppressive and tacky Warzone world, but that larger new arcade building is a massive improvement on the pokey porta cabin that was there before.
IMO arcades in theme parks and amusement parks are a total waste of space and time and money. Look at Blackpool pleasure beach. An entire town with arguably more arcades than sand on the beach at this point located practically right next to each other and the Pleasure Beach still has arcades both outside and inside the park with barely anyone going in them and spending money. If I was in the park's shoes I'd demolish those arcades and put something more unique in there. Towers has too many arcade machines as well