• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think we’re all looking to much into this looking at current imagines of the station getting painted in its current state. I mean It’s all ready probably costing a fortune for this retract, marketing, site restoration works possibly new trains?

I honestly don’t believe the eye is that important to cut into the budget, it’s fine as it is just needs a spruce up. I’m not sure most of the general public will even notice it much? If anything they need to spend money getting the red blood falls on, the general public will notice that a hell of a lot more. Was always my early memories as a kid and being fascinated by the Erie immersion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this is just some colour/paint testing. If they are just painting over the existing already somewhat rotten theming like they did last time then god help us all, it will be looking in a pretty poor state again in a few years time.

It does also seem very early to be doing the painting, a lot of weathering will take place between now and March 2024.

Doesn’t fibreglass usually get “painted on” to a base structure anyway? Maybe it’s more cost effective to use the existing structure as a base, and the black they’ve applied is a new shell that will harden

You could be onto something here. The black does look good, and on TPWW's latest video he shows it close up. He seems concerned that they appear to be just painting over broken foam and fibreglass, but to me that black - whether the final coat/colour or not - does look a bit thick and "rubbery" so maybe it's a more protective material than just paint?

1690399438144.png

Also, he spots these wooden cut outs:

1690399484579.png

Now of course they could be for just about anything at the moment, but with the fact that the eye stalks have been removed, in that 1994 artist's drawing the arms and claws look like they protrude from somewhere near where the eye stalks were and the shape of these wooden cut-outs, could these be the frames and skeleton for these claws?

I do like the idea of having the giant claws acting as a great leg chopper elements just before as you are trying to get into the zero-g roll as if Nemesis is trying to grab you could work very well into the new look beast. Imagine those glowing orange eyes during Scarefest with them looking round glowing in the dark would be a pretty sweet sight I'll admit.

That 'paint' looks more like a protective epoxy resin to me. It could just the angle and reflection, but it looks more like a protective layer rather than a paint so to speak.

If it is an epoxy, which makes sense to put onto fiberglass, it could also act as a final layer. Being a resin, it wouldn't fade like paint does.

Last edited:
That 'paint' looks more like a protective epoxy resin to me. It could just the angle and reflection, but it looks more like a protective layer rather than a paint so to speak.

If it is an epoxy, which makes sense to put onto fiberglass, it could also act as a final layer. Being a resin, it wouldn't fade like paint does.

I agree it doesn’t look like paint at all to me.

Doesn’t fibreglass usually get “painted on” to a base structure anyway? Maybe it’s more cost effective to use the existing structure as a base, and the black they’ve applied is a new shell that will harden
With fibreglass you put down a resin then put the glass matting into it and then paint onto the matting with the resin to penetrate the matting.

That would be hugely counter productive, because "base" would still be knackered old fibreglass

Isn't the promo image we're all talking about drawn by Les Edwards for Nemesis 21st anniversary? I don't think it's the original 1994 one.

You mean the art work that was drawn by Les Edwards to advertise the ride in 1994??.........

It was also used to advertise the ride when it turned 21, but just with a text overlay, on top of the original 1994 artwork.

1690486475072.png

Taken from the horses mouth....

Personally, I am starting to think I much prefer the look of this, to the one we ended up with.

No worries.

I can see the eyes being replaced with totally different recessed and closely spaced eyes like this, with perhaps some animated claws. It should not be too much of an ask to make the claws mechanically operate outdoors in the UK. The movement of a claw is relatively simple, so will be pretty easy to make those work reliably, outdoors. Very, very different and far less maintenance heavy than staying on top of a full animatronic, such as the Storybook Land worm.

Yea, re looking at that artwork and the more that I look at it. That monster is FAR better I think, than what got built. Way better to my personal taste. Less colours and more of a simple body, make the monster look more menacing and evil I think. Less like a cartoon alien / monster, which I think the current one sort of looks like.

I think the artwork far better matches the design aesthetics of 2023. Much more than the current monster does, the current one looks very 90's and dated now. I know I used to love the look of the monster. I did, but tastes and what not move on, to the point, re looking at this. I think it is much better for now, today, 2023 and beyond.

I hope they do change it to be more inline with the artwork, I really do!

Last edited:
Change is good guys!! Besides the changes would still be in keeping with the original philosophy of the attraction and monster. I would rather the monster look intimidating than weird. That was the original intention.

I think the monster looks closer to something out of SpongeBob Square Pants, than something from outer space with the colours and the eyes.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.