• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As much as everyone would like the blood waterfalls to return...am I the only one who would love to see the pit cleared of trees and bushes growing around it? To me, they do hide much of what was an impressive looking vast open area which I feel was lost over time...made FV look bigger and more open IMO though sadly I highly doubt we'll ever get to see that again to the point that you'll have a better chance of the blood waterfalls returning than cutting trees down round a giant pit.

Optimistic then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they're allowed to cut the trees down.
As I understand, the dye from the old waterfalls was getting out and damaging trees etc too, so unless there's a total rethink of how they work, they'll probably stick to normal water. Maybe a mix of lights and smoke effects could work instead?

The general public had no idea it was an alien, so we’ve got to partially look at this from their perspective.
They are the main market, aren’t they?
The general public would absolutely know it was an alien. Not everyone maybe, it takes all sorts, but I think anyone with even a passing observation would be able to understand the theme of the ride. It's not a subtle theme.

As much as everyone would like the blood waterfalls to return...am I the only one who would love to see the pit cleared of trees and bushes growing around it? To me, they do hide much of what was an impressive looking vast open area which I feel was lost over time...made FV look bigger and more open IMO though sadly I highly doubt we'll ever get to see that again to the point that you'll have a better chance of the blood waterfalls returning than cutting trees down round a giant pit.

Absolutely, the place looks so overgrown it’s untrue. Appreciate it’s summer but a lot of vegetation needs cutting back in that area to get it looking anything like it did.

But same goes for the gardens now that look real state.

Hopefully the rock cage returns too

The general public would absolutely know it was an alien. Not everyone maybe, it takes all sorts, but I think anyone with even a passing observation would be able to understand the theme of the ride. It's not a subtle theme.
My family certainly didnt

TBH I suspect 90% of the GP never realise it was the actual beast itself, I just thought it was some alien waste and not the actual monster itself. TBH from a distance even if you didn't make out the bits of track being legs of a creature then it could have been anything which some will argue makes for more of your own interpretation of the creature but not everyone is going to think that when they are riding Nemesis.

At the very least if they make it more clear of it being a monster such as the moving eyes and larger claws as in the 1994 concept design then I think this would be a good thing of being simple and straight to the point of what it is and if the GP get the basic idea that it is a monster in that pit then that's all you need to start of with perhaps other details added to appeal to the enthusiast crowd adding more lore, not like Easter egg features as with Alton Manor such as past rides but little things that adds more to the Nemesis backstory.

what did they think it was?
They just ignored it and was surprised when I told them.

They’re quite clever otherwise!

TBH I suspect 90% of the GP never realise it was the actual beast itself, I just thought it was some alien waste and not the actual monster itself.
Not sure they though it was it was poo though .
(Sorry for double post, I don’t know how to add a quote into a post after I’ve sent it)

With the red and black colour scheme expected to be on the station as well, it occurred to me that they might go a bit 'Shin Godzilla'. Primarily black with red showing through the crevices, maybe with an animated glow effect
I think this would work really well. I could definitely see something like this but with the current red and white fleshy stuff incorporated into it, i think merlin will want to make the nemesis creature more recognizable for marketing and i think this would be a really interesting new take of the nemesis creature without changing its identity completely.

Funny you are talking about Shin Godzilla in which the Godzilla in that film grows bigger throughout that film...ironically just as being mentioned in that email about Nemesis growing.

...I'm starting to wonder if MMM had been watching that film to get their ideas for Nemesis' new look. Pray tell that Toho don't come knocking to sue Merlin for copying them! :p

Funny you are talking about Shin Godzilla in which the Godzilla in that film grows bigger throughout that film...ironically just as being mentioned in that email about Nemesis growing.

...I'm starting to wonder if MMM had been watching that film to get their ideas for Nemesis' new look. Pray tell that Toho don't come knocking to sue Merlin for copying them! :p

Shin Nemesis is the name now and I refuse to accept anything else.

Nope...been repeated very many times, there were cosmetic issues regarding the dye leaking from the closed system, into the local watercourses...there was no poisoning, no discoloured or dead trees, or any other "damage" to any vegetation at all.
All thoosie vapours, nothing more.

To be fair people spent years stating that the drop towers had definitely been removed from NST so it’s difficult to know what is and isn’t ‘confirmed’ in absence of anything official.

To be fair people spent years stating that the drop towers had definitely been removed from NST so it’s difficult to know what is and isn’t ‘confirmed’ in absence of anything official.
Alton Towers never release technical information so anything like this is purely gossip/speculation

Nope...been repeated very many times, there were cosmetic issues regarding the dye leaking from the closed system, into the local watercourses...there was no poisoning, no discoloured or dead trees, or any other "damage" to any vegetation at all.
All thoosie vapours, nothing more.

That was never the rumour, it was rumoured that local land owners had complained as grassland had been discoloured but it was never rumoured that there was damage or poisoning.

That was never the rumour, it was rumoured that local land owners had complained as grassland had been discoloured but it was never rumoured that there was damage or poisoning.

The rumour...single?
There has been more than one rumour, over time...never said a single rumour, there were lots.
Over the years, I have heard at least a dozen different rumours, killing fish in watercourses, dying vegetation, dyeing vegetation, killing trees, discolouring leaves, disruptive action by disgruntled staff leaving blood red local streams, and grass turning red.
Never ever seen a single bit of actual recorded evidence of any pollution whatsoever.
Not once.
Unless someone wants to dig something out of the archives for me...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.