• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As discussed in the Quick Questions thread, I was under the impression that Nemmy had a test seat. Apparently not though, so I would hope it will get one for next season.

I wonder how they're going to advertise Nemesis when it reopens. I've seen a few people suggest they do an advert similar to the original 1994 one but modernized.

I hope that when they do advertise Nemesis again, they may pay homage to the original advert but keep it new. And maybe show it's growing power? I dunno, or something akin to the Smiler and Wickerman's adverts.

I wonder how they're going to advertise Nemesis when it reopens. I've seen a few people suggest they do an advert similar to the original 1994 one but modernized.

I hope that when they do advertise Nemesis again, they may pay homage to the original advert but keep it new. And maybe show it's growing power? I dunno, or something akin to the Smiler and Wickerman's adverts.
We don’t want anything like the Smiler to be associated with Nemesis.

Will involve the Phalanx and likely follow the same sort of theme they have been using for about a year now.

I think what would be cool would be at the start of the campaign they have 1 second teasers of just the Phalanx logo flashing up between adverts. Keep that going for a few days then have slightly longer ones with monster noises, clips of the Phalanx (maybe bits from the opening ceremony disaster of Sub Terra too). Eventually leading to the full reveal in an advert close to opening day.

I know it's an exciting time and it's always good to speculate, although reading this and the Retrosquad thread I think it's good to remember to always be cautious of what you read on the internet. Unless it comes from Merlin, Alton Towers or a rumour is posted/hinted at by a reputable fan site such as TowersStreet, I would not take anything as fact or confirmed. It's very easy for people to make claims online with no evidence or source.

I know it's an exciting time and it's always good to speculate, although reading this and the Retrosquad thread I think it's good to remember to always be cautious of what you read on the internet. Unless it comes from Merlin, Alton Towers or a rumour is posted/hinted at by a reputable fan site such as TowersStreet, I would not take anything as fact or confirmed. It's very easy for people to make claims online with no evidence or source.
Agreed. And if those sources from the park are ride hosts then would they really be privy to such sensitive company information? We’re talking about a multi million pound investment at the UKs most well known theme park and this investment will need to be marketed correctly with set pieces of information being released at specific times. John Burton is hardly going to go round releasing sensitive information to ride hosts as he walks round.

It’s likely they’ll be back but we shouldn’t use statements like “park staff told me” as gospel.

Oh believe me, I'm as sceptical as the next person and I don't believe these replies on FB etc from people who say they've heard it "from staff" etc! I only posted that screenshot to highlight that some people are convinced the red water is returning.

Oh believe me, I'm as sceptical as the next person and I don't believe these replies on FB etc from people who say they've heard it "from staff" etc! I only posted that screenshot to highlight that some people are convinced the red water is returning.
Whilst I'd like the red water to return, I kinda doubt it will. As last time (Even though it was an accidental leak) it entered a local nearby river (I believe) which caused the environment agency to warn AT to stop using it as they believed it could damage the local environment.

Whilst I'd like the red water to return, I kinda doubt it will. As last time (Even though it was an accidental leak) it entered a local nearby river (I believe) which caused the environment agency to warn AT to stop using it as they believed it could damage the local environment.
It's not difficult to contain the water within the pit to be fair.... Just needs doing correctly so it can't soak away

It's not difficult to contain the water within the pit to be fair.... Just needs doing correctly so it can't soak away
I think that's what they did originally, but due to the one incident where is entered a stream nearby outside the park (I believe so anyway)

However, if they cannot do the bloody water, another way of achieving something similar to the bloody water would be a form of lighting hidden someone within/around the water to give it the look of bloody water whilst keeping it clear. Although, I don't know if it'd be possible due to either budget or other factors.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.