• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’ve just realised from TPWs video how small sub terras queue is. Must spill out all the time on busy days. Didn’t the sub terra queue used to be for Nemesis

I’ve just realised from TPWs video how small sub terras queue is. Must spill out all the time on busy days. Didn’t the sub terra queue used to be for Nemesis
Sub Terra's queue was partially rerouted to facilitate the viewing platform.

Also, this new area in the upper queue line is interesting;

Screenshot_20231230-132427-193.png

Could it be for a few switchbacks or even a merge point?

Just seen this video and looks like you guys are right they’ve completely changed and redesigned the queue. The RAP and fastrack queue doesnt need to be that long surely that old queue was quite big

If you turn right at the entrance that’s not a lot of queue, it held about 20 minutes.

I suspect main queue will turn left, up the stairs around the old circular bit then up over the back of the pit. RAP and FT will turn right at the entrance and down the last bit of old queue.

Interesting aerial views in TPWWs new video. I hope they at least put spikes on the loop side legs, otherwise it's going to bug the hell out of me
Was going to say the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong I like the new legs on Nemesis, look more beefier compared to before and I honestly have no issues with the spikes but I do hope they do the same on the loop side to complete the look.

But I am going to be interested if they'll give a newer tail that goes over much of thr brake run and what the new face might look like...I suspect like the original concept art with a more larger mouth and beady orange eyes?

Euro Theme Park Archive have been posting a few pics of Nemesis 1.0 on opening day.

I had no idea you could get so close to brake run as a spectator when the ride opened. Look how low that fence is 🤣🤣.

Interesting that the fences are all jet black, similar to what we are seeing added now. So it wasn’t necessarily all rust applied aesthetic originally.

IMG_5974.jpeg

Euro Theme Park Archive have been posting a few pics of Nemesis 1.0 on opening day.

I had no idea you could get so close to brake run as a spectator when the ride opened. Look how low that fence is 🤣🤣.

Interesting that the fences are all jet black, similar to what we are seeing added now. So it wasn’t necessarily all rust applied aesthetic originally.

IMG_5974.jpeg

Looks amazing, small fences, what a different era we lived in, back when people never got offended by 'words' and people had common sense. It looks spectacular in this photo.

IMG_5974.jpeg
That looks amazing! I love seeing pictures from when Nemesis was new. The fences are quite interesting. In that picture, the black works very well, so hopefully the new fences will blend in just as well.

I really hope they jet wash all the rocks and pathways in time for opening. Also I’ve seen they have removed “the gun” theming which I thought this was a brilliant piece, I hope they bring it back somehow but a little doubtful from recent pics.

I recall an incident in the early 2000’s, somewhere around 2002 I believe where a guest was throwing coins at Nemesis trains as they entered the brake run, there was also a time a guest found their way into the brake run and was injured by the ride. These are most likely the contributors to higher fences.

Not sure if they were why that viewing area pictured above was closed off, it could have been when Air was constructed as that is close to where the lift hill comes out of the tunnel today.

Edit: here is a link to an article regarding the guest being hit:

Last edited:
I remember queueing for Nemesis on a school trip, one of the lads in our group had just been on Oblivion and was visibly shook up after it. We got to the section in the Nemesis queue where you’re right by the loop, a train flew round the loop and his face went white as a sheet, he turned to his right and climbed over the fencing, ran through the ride area around where the train dispatches and out into FV.

The kid in question was not exactly at the high of physical health either which would suggest that perhaps the increased height in fencing wasn’t the worst idea to prevent, admittedly isolated, incidents like the above.

Hillarious at the time though.

I remember queueing for Nemesis on a school trip, one of the lads in our group had just been on Oblivion and was visibly shook up after it. We got to the section in the Nemesis queue where you’re right by the loop, a train flew round the loop and his face went white as a sheet, he turned to his right and climbed over the fencing, ran through the ride area around where the train dispatches and out into FV.

The kid in question was not exactly at the high of physical health either which would suggest that perhaps the increased height in fencing wasn’t the worst idea to prevent, admittedly isolated, incidents like the above.

Hillarious at the time though.
He was scared of coasters so decided the best way to escape was to climb into the ride area of one? When he's shaken by a horror movie, does he also flee the cinema and seek sanctuary in his local morgue?

I'm intrigued as to what became of this child in his adult life. He's not Dominic Cummings is he?

He was scared of coasters so decided the best way to escape was to climb into the ride area of one? When he's shaken by a horror movie, does he also flee the cinema and seek sanctuary in his local morgue?

I'm intrigued as to what became of this child in his adult life. He's not Dominic Cummings is he?

I think it was just an instantaneous reaction, the sight of the train going round the loop, the noise and the gust of wind you get from it triggered the fight and flight response and he just looked for the quickest route out - which was over the fence and back out into FV. I genuinely don’t think he’d have been able to scale that fence ordinarily because, as I say, he was far from an athlete.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.