• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The only bit that hasn't been used in decades is the bit that connects the Nemesis queue to what is now the Sub-Terra queue. The Sub-Terra queue uses one of Nemesis' old extensions. But even this bit was in regular use during the 90s but was eventually repurposed for Dynamo in 2002.
And the final extension loop which circled around the vertical loop too.

EDIT - sorry, just realised you meant in that shot.

Could we see Members of the Phalanx on the viewing platform telling guests about the Nemesis creature and such?
I doubt that. I don't think that Towers will use any more actors in the Nemesis area than they really need to.

Without turning this into another primer debate 😂, it looks like the track has started to be shot blasted to remove the old paint, grime and rust off the surface rather than primed. If you look closely at the surface, it's not uniform enough to have been primed/painted yet.

Interesting to see how the previous painting makes the undercoat look slightly different due to different protection from the colours of the scenic painting.

Without turning this into another primer debate 😂, it looks like the track has started to be shot blasted to remove the old paint, grime and rust off the surface rather than primed. If you look closely at the surface, it's not uniform enough to have been primed/painted yet.
Yeah, if you look at the final photo showing the tunnel and the footers just prior to it, you can see what I assume is paint dust all over the shrubs there

Nice viewing platform! 👍🏻

In Jack Silkstone’s latest video of the Loggers Leap demolition at Thorpe Park, he mentions he was chatting to one of the guys who was working on the main double drop that is being cut down. Apparently, that guy and his team worked on cutting up Nemesis!
(I’ve also posted this in the Thorpe Park discussion topic).

I believe he also said the construction company for Exodus is the same company also built Shambala but that's a conversation for another thread.

Good to see the new footers by the looks going in place definitely looks like a march opening is in check for nemmy 2.0

This platform we're getting excited about. Surely it's just for construction workers, taking measurements etc.

Highly unlikely a fully accessible and roofed platform would be used purely for construction purposes. It’s almost certainly for guest access due to the level of work that’s been put in.

It's a bit over the top really isn't it? Nice touch though if that's what it is.

With survey kit, you have no need for anything like what they've done. You'd set your total station or whatever they want to use up on legs on the normal paths around the ride for a lot of it, and the rest would be on bits of ground under the ride etc. If they wanted to use the vantage point for some reason, they'd just climb the grass bank or put a very rough path in, not all these platforms.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.