• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
(Would be even cooler if it could fire beams per the original Nemesis advert, though I can't see that being possible!)
It's clearly not impossible though, as both Indiana Jones Adventure rides have a section where the giant skull fires beams at you, although I'm not sure of the cost of implementing something like that.

Were they named the Phalanx originally? No. But how important is that name when the basic concept of what Phalanx are as a group is most definitely in the original backstory. A military group (The MoD in the original document) has always played a role in the excavation of the creature, Phalanx is just a nice name for them that rolls off the tongue.

Hope this clears up any confusion, I never ever ever want to get this dorky about rollercoaster lore ever again.
True although he also says those elements of the story should deliberately not be explicit in the ride, it's just "a load of rubbish" he wrote to guide the creative team to come up with something that looks and feels coherent.

I still don't particularly think the direction the closing promo hinted at would be the right direction personally. Got some hope after the Curse promo of cliche Anabelle dolls was pretty different to the actual theme though.

An exciting 'Nemesis is reborn' twist to the theme sounds good, keep the Phalanx malarky in Sub Terra.

Last edited:
Seeing as Phalanx is already in the marketing for Nemesis 2.0 and was before the attraction shut, it is pretty clear that whatever they add to the new Nemesis will be something to do with them.

Tbh I really don’t expect the Phalanx involvement to go much further than themed uniforms, not even sure how it could go further really. There’s clearly a lot of reverence for the original Nemesis amongst members of the creative team. I think the current lot at MMM have been really knocking it out of the park recently so I’m pretty confident that they’ll make something special here.

True although he also says those elements of the story should deliberately not be explicit in the ride, it's just "a load of rubbish" he wrote to guide the creative team to come up with something that looks and feels coherent.

A few months ago, a photo of the following appeared as my Windows lock screen background:

Cano Cristales 2.jpg
(Source: Wikipedia -- CC BY 3.0 License.)

It is of Caño Cristales, Columbia.

No idea whether this (or similar?!) informed anyone working on Nemesis, though I was certainly surprised...

Quoting Wardley ("Themes, Dreams and Scream Machines"):

"Theming turns a fairground ride, or a regular amusement park ride, into a special experience...
"It takes the visitors... to another time and another place...
"And it is what escapism is all about."

Experiencing Nemesis for the first time, as a teenager, I had no idea about the backstory. Maybe I was dim-witted, but I don't think I even twigged that the station was themed as a monster. Or that Nemesis was named after that alien monster...

But I do remember the endless queue, being mesmerised just by being there... before ever riding the coaster itself...

I didn’t get to ride Nemesis until the year 2000.

My older siblings went to Alton Towers in the mid 90’s and I remember them saying how much of a crazy ride it was. I’d study the park maps they’d brought home. asking what everything is like a weirdo. Back then there wasn’t anything like it in the UK.

I can’t wait for the this beast of a coaster to be back open next year!

A code for something? Screenshot_20230413-142339.png
Is that... a marketing e-mail, where the main thrust is "here is a coaster that is closed - book your theme park ticket today, to not experience this coaster you clearly are interested in"

I'm intrigued by this new direction the Merlin marketing machine are taking.

We'll call it the Bullseye gambit - "look at what you could have ridden"

Yes, no spelling or grammatical errors.
Are we sure it is genuine?
...and does that mean Sub Terra will open the same day as well?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.