• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was just thinking that with regards to a potential soundtrack change, could Towers use Nemesis' original and unused soundtrack, as that one is quite different to the current one, and yet has a similar melody?
They can change the ride logo, ride track colour, trains, station and everything. I really really hope they don’t touch the soundtrack… it’s an absolute masterpiece.

Is this unused soundtrack by Graham Smart?

Oh yeah that one, it's the same track just a slightly different mix with a few differences in the arrangement. It's probably just an earlier mix before the composer refined it. You can hear it's mostly all the same instruments as the final version. A demo wouldn't sound like that.

I've not been too bothered by the new paint job, granted I'm going to miss the old one as it's always been my favorite paint job of a coaster in the park but I'll welcome some change.

I think the one thing that is not going to sit right with me is if we lose the sound track and that's not even me saying I'd be too angry at Merlin if they did because they're spending the money.

But even when I was there a couple weeks ago the only place playing the sound track was the nemices donuts not too loudly either and let alone the big fences, not hearing that iconic soundtrack walking into forbidden valley was just surreal and didn't feel right at all.

Purely speculation on my part, but I feel if we’re getting changes to the soundtrack it’ll be like the recent Thorpe Park soundtrack. New soundtracks for the coasters that uses the old music as a basis and then adds additional flourishes - basically how I expect most of the new theming on Nemesis to turn out.

Purely speculation on my part, but I feel if we’re getting changes to the soundtrack it’ll be like the recent Thorpe Park soundtrack. New soundtracks for the coasters that uses the old music as a basis and then adds additional flourishes - basically how I expect most of the new theming on Nemesis to turn out.
I hope not. The original music was far superior to those resampled ones.

Listened to an interview with John Wardley on Wrexham premier radio this afternoon and he mentioned he's a consultant on the new Nemesis and that it will have 'spectacular new theming on the original theme and backstory'. This is personally exactly what I'd love to see if true, but of course we can't interpret it too literally.

Listened to an interview with John Wardley on Wrexham premier radio this afternoon and he mentioned he's a consultant on the new Nemesis and that it will have 'spectacular new theming on the original theme and backstory'. This is personally exactly what I'd love to see if true, but of course we can't interpret it too literally.

JW as a consultant seems to be a Merlin mouth piece. Take Jumanji Land for instance. MM has nothing to solve the capacity issue yet JW stated it did. I'm not feeling the love for him recently and wished he'd retire quietly. Reminds me of Ronaldo and Utd. It was a great partnership while it lasted. Second time round was never going to work and has tarnished the good work before.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t read too much into that. The core theme will stay as the Nemesis monster is staying. My gut feeeling is there will be a new story added to it.

Was this not always going to be the case? It’s not a total retheme and everything so far implies that it’s going to be a pseudo sequel to the original

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.