• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It’s hard to fairly judge something like the track when it’s not up and integrated with whatever new theming Merlin plans on installing.

However, based on what we’ve seen in the video, I have to say that perhaps controversially, I’m not a fan of how the track looks with the veins. I actually think that plain black could have looked more appealing, or perhaps something more akin to the colour scheme the ride originally had. I appreciate the effort, but something about the painted on veins doesn’t really appeal to me, personally.

Nonetheless, it is hard to fully judge based purely on a 1 minute video, and I confess that it’s not something I should properly judge until the track is up and the new theming is installed. And besides, the track colour is a relatively unimportant detail of the overall ride experience.
It's not controversial to not like something Matt, you certainly won't be the only one! 😛

I don't mind it to be honest. I thought it might have been a little less pronounced, but overall I think it'll look pretty good when it's up and you're looking at it from a proper distance. I have concerns on the longevity of the paint job though!

It's worth noting that one of the shots of the video is heavily lit and possibly had the veins colour corrected so it looks more pronounced/saturated:

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 16.31.48.png
The actual closeup shots with no motion effects show it in a much more natural looking light with a lot more detail visible:
Screenshot at Apr 25 16-32-35.png

Last edited:
To be fair they've never really let Nemesis get into such a bad state as the Smiler for example, so hopefully they'll maintain the artwork. Deep down they know this is their best coaster and it's certainly going to look like their best when it's completed. Would bet the track is already in the UK and will be at AT shortly I imagine.
Also hope we see the return of the original logo, the Nemesis brand is more recognisable with it.

To be fair they've never really let Nemesis get into such a bad state as the Smiler for example, so hopefully they'll maintain the artwork. Deep down they know this is their best coaster and it's certainly going to look like their best when it's completed. Would bet the track is already in the UK and will be at AT shortly I imagine.
Also hope we see the return of the original logo, the Nemesis brand is more recognisable with it.
There is part of the car park already fenced off, so I think they are expecting it's imminent arrival.

I imagine the fact that viewing platform is opening tomorrow is not an accident. They could well be planning to install the first pieces of track very soon.
Those particular pieces, or at least one of them for sure, is part of the loop. So that could be going in first. I'm guessing that the work has already taken place on the footers.

That is not the maintenance shed. In the maintenance shed there is still a track section for the train to be supported and two catwalks at head height to allow for inspection of the wheel assemblies. You can see this in Tom Scott's video here.

Raises an interesting question though... are the trains still on site?

Red & Yellow paints do not weather well, they fade very quickly, I'd be happy to pledge a bet on the red going pink within a couple of seasons. As much as I'm glad there's a little bit extra, I personally don't like the way these are painted, they look very showman akin to fair ride paintings and would have preferred a different styling.

81290815.jpg

Of all the bloody colours you could pick from...bloody black again?!! God damn I was looking forward for red or hell even grey supports...for the love of God. Then again, shouldn't be surprised given how black perfectly represents Merlin's cold dark soul...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.