• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder how we would react if the Phalanx theme of Nemesis had been the one that had lasted 28 years
Complete indifference on my part. It's not far off the theme for Oblivion and I couldnt care if that older ride got a new theme. The 'original' Nemesis theme was more fun and suited Alton Towers better than all the new promo in my opinion.

Note I say promo, not new ride theme, clinging to a little bit of hope the ride will turn out different

I suspect that the Phalanx will probably have less of a presence in the end product than the marketing lets on.

I think that the track having veins painted on it could be indicative of them pursuing an alternative take on the original theme rather than a totally new theme. To me, the veins imply that they’re going for the original idea of the track being the tentacles of the monster, whereas I feel like an all-out military theme would have gone for the newer idea of the track being the metal encasing the monster.

Whilst I'm of the opinion that the intricacies of the story are really not that important outside of the creative team trying to create a product with one consistent vision, I'm going to throw my ideas in as there really isn't much else to discuss as this point.

My thoughts are that while the phalanx were initially portrayed as the "good guys", if a little on the sinister side, that were able to contain the monster, perhaps the twist in the continued story is that they have gone completely rogue and cloned themselves a nemesis from the tentacles they found and it now does their bidding in their quest for world domination. This could be why, in a creative sense, the new nemesis colours are more aligned with those of the phalanx.
This story line could then lead to a future retheme of Galactica more akin to the original idea of us fighting back against nemesis. A good vs. evil, light vs. dark battle at the back end of the park.

Id be interested to hear from a single soul who went on Nemesis in the last 30 years and came away remembering "the army" that never existed in the theme, other than a reference in a comic book nobody read.

It feels like this Mandela effect is the only reason for even including the Phalanx, not because anyone actually like the Phalanx. Everyone hated it in Sub Terra too.

Does anyone think it would make Nemesis more enjoyable? There are better ways to reinvent the ride in my opinion, which I hope they go for.

Id be interested to hear from a single soul who went on Nemesis in the last 30 years and came away remembering "the army" that never existed in the theme, other than a reference in a comic book nobody read.

It feels like this Mandela effect is the only reason for even including the Phalanx, not because anyone actually like the Phalanx. Everyone hated it in Sub Terra too.

Does anyone think it would make Nemesis more enjoyable? There are better ways to reinvent the ride in my opinion, which I hope they go for.
I hope they go all in on the sci-fi apocalyptic junkyard setting with the cultists, mostly because I think it's genuinely more creative and more fun rather than the trope of a military holding an alien/monster down.

Merlin, let Phalanx stay in Sub-Terra, don't forcefully shove it into Nemesis' theme permanently for the sake of it.

I think you are confusing the "theme" with the "back-story".
The theme has always been, and will likely continue to be, "Alien monster pinned to the ground" but it is the back story of who, when, why and what is happening with it now that is being fleshed out and explored with this marketing, and indeed with sub-terra. You wouldn't get this sort of thing from many other parks around the world.

I think with most creative endeavours, behind every finished article there is a hell of a lot of material that isn't supposed to be over-analysed, it's just a part of the creative process to explore deeply to make what is shown on the surface as best as it can be.

I think fears that Nemesis is going to become "Phalanx: The Ride" are unrealistic. Especially when based solely on the marketing campaign.

People also seem to be upset about a slide towards a more militaristic theme, and mostly because of other rides with similar themes on park. But it appears a slide in the other direction, more towards a cult worshipping a monster wouldn't be as much of a problem...despite the other attraction on park with this exact concept being 100x more explicit in explaining that theme to riders. That smells like nostalgia over any sort of logical argument to me.

The website has been updated to tell you about the observation platform. When you click on the page however a load of strange logos start flashing up on your screen. I had red, yellow and I think pink logos come up on the screen
Same, I had red, yellow and pink too. Interesting!

The website has been updated to tell you about the observation platform. When you click on the page however a load of strange logos start flashing up on your screen. I had red, yellow and I think pink logos come up on the screen
IMG_8979.jpeg

Very strange! Almost looks cartoonish and glitchy. Could that be the nemesis egg in the centre? Reference to sub Terra perhaps?

The gifs are called 'insignia'.

insignia-1.gif

insignia-2.gif

My work here is done.

maybe its the people who leaked the video of the new track hacking the page?, perhaps a video will appear in the next few days?

I wonder how we would react if the Phalanx theme of Nemesis had been the one that had lasted 28 years and what we know as the theme of Nemesis was replacing it after the retrack, as people are intrinsically resistant to change. There may be some nostalgia involved in not wanting the Phalanx retheme.
We might find out in 30 years

Did anybody else realise there was a page on the Alton Towers blog for rebuilding Nemesis? Just stumbled across it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.