• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It'd make sense for them to tart it up a bit, would be nice to see it have some animations, particularly in the eyes. Could easily fit in with the idea of the beast undergoing a "mutation". Possibly being given a darker coat of paint as well to match the track.

What I'd really hope for is the interior of the station to be tarted up - one of the shortcomings of the original was it was left as a shed, but it'd be bloody awesome if it looked like the monsters grotesque innards.

Last edited:
It'd make sense for them to tart it up a bit, would be nice to see it have some animations, particularly in the eyes. Could easily fit in with the idea of the beast undergoing a "mutation". Possibly being given a darker coat of paint as well to match the track.

What I'd reallyh hope for is the interior of the station to be tarted up - one of the shortcomings of the original was it was left as a shed, but it'd be bloody awesome if it looked like the monsters grotesque innards.
Can you imagine how awesome it would look if the monster's eyes were screens and they blinked and looked around a bit? It really would make it look like the monster is alive!

I almost find it less mind boggling nowadays than the “olden days” when people were blowing stuff up left right and centre to build motorways and dams and so on without computer aided design and mapping to get everything in the right place.

Not to take away from the accuracy of the surveyors and civil engineers who have plotted things like this to the precision of a hair width as part of their day to day job however; I gave up on mechanical engineering at uni because I couldn’t be doing with the maths.

Surprisingly accurate survey gear was available to even the Victorians. Massive and hard to transport and even harder to use, but available.

I abandoned engineering at Uni after a foundation year.

Main thing with the kit now is it is all very portable, great if you're having to get around Nemesis and it's pit. There's no excuse for poor groundworks anymore.

Screenshot_20230430-202318.png

Not sure where the obsession is for it to have eyes made of screens. The only reason Wicker Man's look half decent is because they're obscured and even then they had to be replaced as the originals failed. Best course of action is to have it with normal eyes and focus on other effects that don't look horrendous when they break, such as inside the station or normal themeing

Not sure where the obsession is for it to have eyes made of screens. The only reason Wicker Man's look half decent is because they're obscured and even then they had to be replaced as the originals failed. Best course of action is to have it with normal eyes and focus on other effects that don't look horrendous when they break, such as inside the station or normal themeing
I don't think there's an obsession at all, but screens of some sort would probably be the cheapest solution for eyes in comparison to mechanical effects. Certainly easier to repair or replace when they fail.

Admittedly, I always did find the googly green eyes that Nemesis had were rather silly IMO and the big claws it was supposed to have look rather puny if I'll be honest; the actually 1994 promo picture they had for Nemesis shown back a few pages on here with it all in darkish purple colour with the glowing orange and bigger claw hands looked more better IMO. Imagine they did in which they simply cut off the big green eyes and have them moved closer to the body with the orange eyes with the claws being twice bigger and imagine some excellent theming interaction in which as you are about to go into the zero-g roll that you go through a giant claw of Nemesis who is trying to catch you. Not a bad idea the more you think about it if they were to do that.

Am I the only one who thinks the red veins on the track ageing will actually look good and suit the rustic blood theme it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting;

From: https://twitter.com/TowersTimes/status/1652687308909322244?cxt=HHwWiICxxbyWw-8tAAAA

I recon the holes are just hidden, as wasn't sand mentioned in the certificate of lawfulness documents? I believe Mandrill Mayhem isn't sand filled, though, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

I saw this yesterday, and it got me wondering - maybe only the parts of the track that the train passes over at speed, eg the helix, will be sand filled? The bits installed so far are where the train won't be travelling at top speed so not so loud?

Nemesis needs to retain its classic rawr or the monster will be a silent beast and we cant have a silent best its just not right!!
Even if it is fully filled with sand, it will not be silent. There are other B&M inverts out there that are sand filled (Inferno I think?) and they still roar.

On another note about the viewing platform, Eye Coaster says that his sources state that there will be upcharges for "key experiences", eg the installation of the loop and corkscrew - I can't see that happening somehow. Construction site tours maybe, but not just to view surely?!

(from 4m17 if the link doesn't take you to that point):

One thing I do hope that Merlin do as part of this project is trim back some of the greenery in the pit. I feel that the pit would be much more impactful if the rockfaces and such were bare like they were in 1994 (or at least barer) rather than shrouded in greenery like they were towards the end of Nemesis V1’s life.

I also hope that they return waterfalls of some description. Blood red ones like they had originally would be ace if possible (I’d love to see those, as I don’t think I ever actually saw the ride with red waterfalls), but even the clear ones would be an improvement on none at all.

In terms of the overall project, my hope is that they employ a similar strategy to that employed with The Curse at Alton Manor. Keep and enhance what works, remove what doesn’t, and add plenty of awesome new bits too, as well as maybe employ a new take on the storyline (which it sounds as though they’re doing).

Even if it is fully filled with sand, it will not be silent. There are other B&M inverts out there that are sand filled (Inferno I think?) and they still roar.

On another note about the viewing platform, Eye Coaster says that his sources state that there will be upcharges for "key experiences", eg the installation of the loop and corkscrew - I can't see that happening somehow. Construction site tours maybe, but not just to view surely?!

(from 4m17 if the link doesn't take you to that point):

If there was nighttime construction and lifting I could see them charging for people to stay after hours for it

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.