• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Water doesn’t really impact concrete, the issue with the footer was just wear and tear I would wager.
C37-L is the footer you are referring to, the one at the bottom of the steps in the queue on the LHS before you cross over the bridge over the loop exit.

A very stressed footer and the one that was displaying significant wear & tear on the final day of the 2001 season [fireworks event day]. Technical Services did not want Nemesis opened on this day, but they were over-ruled, ultimately by Ralph Armond who told the head of Technical Services to sign the ride off.

You could hear the difference in the "B&M roar" the train made as it went over this footer - you could see the track stanchion move on the footer plate too.

Towers won't like reading this, but I was there and saw it happen. I admit it will never happen again due to The Smiler - but it did happen.

C37-L is the footer you are referring to, the one at the bottom of the steps in the queue on the LHS before you cross over the bridge over the loop exit.

A very stressed footer and the one that was displaying significant wear & tear on the final day of the 2001 season [fireworks event day]. Technical Services did not want Nemesis opened on this day, but they were over-ruled, ultimately by Ralph Armond who told the head of Technical Services to sign the ride off.

You could hear the difference in the "B&M roar" the train made as it went over this footer - you could see the track stanchion move on the footer plate too.

Towers won't like reading this, but I was there and saw it happen. I admit it will never happen again due to The Smiler - but it did happen.

I don't think the waterfall is near that footer is it? The waterfall is the other side of the loop.

It beggers belief that a park manager has the authority to overrule a trained, head engineer. That would not happen in this day age, even before the Smiler and in any industry.

That said, steel is very flexible, so I doubt the danger was that high. Plus very unlikely to come off the plate as the track and support structure as a whole, provides some rigity on the whole thing.

It'd certainly make sense to - if it's possible, it'd be nice to see the steps by the loop converted into a ramp, and using the existing Fastrack entrance/merge point for RAP, meaning everyone has a shot at the back row (from what I can tell the park is much more relaxed about where access customers sit now).

It'd certainly make sense to - if it's possible, it'd be nice to see the steps by the loop converted into a ramp, and using the existing Fastrack entrance/merge point for RAP, meaning everyone has a shot at the back row (from what I can tell the park is much more relaxed about where access customers sit now).

A row is usually nominated for RAP regardless for evac purposes

It's more that they have no choice - RAP guests far exceed 1/8 of total guests these days. Several rides now have 2 RAP entrances, one for wheelchair users and one for everyone else, so there is a precedent for this. I'd certainly be in favour of having a shot at back row again.

I'd presume wheelchair users would still need to be on back row so odds are you'd still get spited.

Will definitely need a 'proper' RAP queue if things are continuing as they currently seem to be.

I'd presume wheelchair users would still need to be on back row so odds are you'd still get spited.

Will definitely need a 'proper' RAP queue if things are continuing as they currently seem to be.
Chances are there wouldn't be enough 'non-ambulant' disabled to consistently fill the back row though, meaning it could be filled by main queue occasionally.

I don't think there's a particular reason to board ambulant disabled separately from main queue, there could be a merge point somewhere.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.