• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The track is going to be fully in soon I would imagine. Work is going to pick up a bit of pace now on track installation.

The gloss layer should protect the veins painted underneath, so I’d imagine it’d come up good as new after a jet wash. Even if that is every one in a blue moon.

Anyway it’s not fully installed and running yet so no point in speculating about dirty track just yet:sweatsmile:

I saw it in person yesterday and have to admit I think it looks fantastic. Seeing it high up from Galactica's lift hill is very impressive too. Work was going on in the station area in the afternoon, it sounded like pressure washing but when looking through the nerd viewing points (aka the holes in the gates), I saw a sign warning of flying debris - so maybe some form of sand-blasting?

I saw it in person yesterday and have to admit I think it looks fantastic. Seeing it high up from Galactica's lift hill is very impressive too. Work was going on in the station area in the afternoon, it sounded like pressure washing but when looking through the nerd viewing points (aka the holes in the gates), I saw a sign warning of flying debris - so maybe some form of sand-blasting?
They'll need to shot-blast the station, lift hill and brake run track before applying the new paint. Exciting that it may be happening soon given that sign!

They'll need to shot-blast the station, lift hill and brake run track before applying the new paint. Exciting that it may be happening soon given that sign!
Yeah I know it needs to be done, I was saying it more because of what it could be as you couldn't see anyone doing anything, just hearing the noise

Looking at the track, am I the only one who thinks the rail sections of the track should have been painted red too? Would have been a nice touch to help make the veins pop out a bit more IMO.

First time I’ve seen it in person yesterday and it looks fantastic! Even more so in the sun with its gloss finish glistening. It seems the general consensus is that it looks more impressive in person from the reactions I’ve read on here. I also overheard a couple on galactica saying how “awesome” it looked as we went up the lift hill. However it really shows up the state Galactica is in with this shiny new track being right next door, let’s hope the whole area is refurbished and FunknFly is replaced very soon… preferably to coincide with the coasters re-opening.

A slightly off topic from Nemesis but the question of how much we could see Forbidden Valley could change as no doubt we will be seeing changes coming soon.

After watching TPWW's video suggestion that Blade could be given a repaint from yellow to red to blend in better or perhaps the park bites the bullet getting Huss in to supply a replacement for that actually looks like a blade rather than just a ship. Actually, given how we saw marketing did a bit for Sub Terra, who's to say in the build up we could be seeing something for both Blade and Galactica soon that see's them have a part in the Phalanx story or maybe, God willing, even could open the door for Ripsaw to return? If they brought Sub Terra back from the death then who's to say anything is possible now?

That is just an ideal scenario but it would be nice to have Blade get more of it's original backstory for Forbidden Valley being used more fully as far as I'm aware both its and Ripsaw's backstories are just known by the hard-core enthusiasts...actually what was their backstories again? Ripsaw was to decontaminate guests, right?

I hope whatever they do, it's not simply a case of painting red and black over everything. At the least, restore theming, add theming and adequately restore the area.

I'm curious as to what will be done to the Nemesis station and surrounding theming. Merlin love a huge central piece, maybe the Nemesis creature will be made bigger/stand out more.

I can see a shop appearing somewhere in the area. Perhaps the photo selling outlet could be converted back to a shop and a new photo point added elsewhere.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.