• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
1__AS_8737.jpg

Looking good

Last edited:
Are these completely new? I can’t be sure from the pictures but they look like they might be the old ones re painted.
Anyone else?

They look awesome! 😍

Just got to hope they keep up maintenance on those harnesses. They'll fade in no time otherwise

Yes they are completely new, they would not run 30 years old trains after investing millions on new track.

Towers Times saying the trains are refurbished and repainted, not new. The newer invert trains don’t have the horizontal bar connecting the seats at the bottom like Nemesis has (although they could of course build new trains to the old spec)

EDIT - people above beat me to it re Towers Times. Still wouldn’t rule out them building new trains to old design to ensure they fit with the existing track, clearances etc

Towers Times saying the trains are refurbished and repainted, not new. The newer invert trains don’t have the horizontal bar connecting the seats at the bottom like Nemesis has (although they could of course build new trains to the old spec)

EDIT - people above beat me to it re Towers Times

Bianca from Alton Towers is quoted as saying the trains are new in the article.

I suspect they have built new trains from the old design.

Are these completely new? I can’t be sure from the pictures but they look like they might be the old ones re painted.
Anyone else?
I thought that. . Due to the connecting bar along the bottom of the seats which new ones don't have (like monster and inferno aswell)

I'd be very surprised if they are not completely new trains, why would they replace the track and just use old refurbed trains? I will remain sceptical that they are refurbed until Towers themselves confirm it rather than a fan site.

Well, refurbished or new, I’m loving the blood red colour for the restraints. I think they’ll look fantastic going around the track.

Nope, as has been said many times those trains are too wide and heavy for Nemmy's compact layout.

Would have made the trains too wide, the landscaping changes that would be needed to have the new style trains would have been quite extensive

the naked gun facepalm GIF

You both missed the joke of the debate on here of if the trains were going to have the vest restraints or not and what I was saying was a tounge in cheek punchline to it all.

So much for trying to get a wee chuckle, I try too hard. 😒

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.