• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
True but you change the mass of the train if you remove the bar and the layout was calculated based on the mass of the origional style B&M trains.
I get what you're saying there, but removing the bar would make the trains slightly lighter. . So LESS stress.

And wouldn't remove enough weight to cause a stall either.

The layout will be under more stress naturally, we are a fatter nation now than in 1994 🤣

I thought that. . Due to the connecting bar along the bottom of the seats which new ones don't have (like monster and inferno aswell)
True although perhaps they used the older design so they can retain the existing evacuation platform and procedures

I get what you're saying there, but removing the bar would make the trains slightly lighter. . So LESS stress.

And wouldn't remove enough weight to cause a stall either.

The layout will be under more stress naturally, we are a fatter nation now than in 1994 🤣

...Inertia!

Bianca from Alton Towers is quoted as saying the trains are new in the article.

I suspect they have built new trains from the old design.
It’s just the finish on the seat columns look like it’s painted over an old finish if that makes sense. I hope they are brand new as it would be pointless all the work that preceded it.

Polite request to not turn this into page after page of discussion about whether these are new trains or not.

Bottom line is - the trains are the old design and a new colour, that's all we should really care about. It makes zero difference to us if the trains are "new" or "refurbished", especially since as mentioned before the vast, vast majority of it has been replaced multiple times already anyway. Let's stick to discussion about the stuff that matters - theming, colour, actual changes that would affect the ride experience.

Interesting to see what they put on the wheel covers now :)

It’s just the finish on the seat columns look like it’s painted over an old finish if that makes sense. I hope they are brand new as it would be pointless all the work that preceded it.

I suspect that's just a trick of the light, because had they hypothetically been painted over, they would have sand blasted it back to bare metal first. They would never just paint over the old paint.

As for the wheel covers, I predict they will be black with red detains on.

The new look of Nemesis (track, train and darker station) is sleek and eye-catching; if it was a brand new coaster I think there would be no question that it is visually an absolute head turner... however, I do find myself sometimes struggling with the quite dramatic changes because of my fondness of Nemmy over the years - it's all so far from what it was... but I guess that's the point!

I like it - just need to stop being sentimental 😂

I suspect that's just a trick of the light, because had they hypothetically been painted over, they would have sand blasted it back to bare metal first. They would never just paint over the old paint.

As for the wheel covers, I predict they will be black with red detains on.
Yes of course… Merlin would never repaint over existing paint would they 👀

Yes of course… Merlin would never repaint over existing paint would they 👀

No, but the requirements for the non destructive testing that is required by law on structures such as these trains, mandate that the paint would have to be fully stipped so the nessicary checks and repairs could be completed.

Just how the rest of the old track on Nemesis, the lift, station and breaks have been sandblasted back to bare metal....they never just painted over them did they, so unsure what pont you are making.

I wonder how long all of this shocking bright red will stay shocking bright red before it fades into pale pink with the sun exposure. Hope the trains and veins don’t end up looking like an old Citroen AX paint job after the first summer season..

They look fantastic.

Im surprised they didnt do more of a reveal along the videos they have been doing as the trains are a big deal with the whole ride.

Maybe they will do a vid of them leaving the station for the 1st time

The new trains look great!

I have to say that I am growing to like the new black and red Nemesis colour scheme that Alton Towers are seemingly going for. The trains look awesome, and while I was not initially keen on the track colour, it is growing on me now that it's up in the area! I don't know if anyone else agrees, but I actually think that the track looks better from afar than it does up close, personally.

I do have one question unrelated to colour schemes and trains, though. Why is it that there's been such a delay on the last piece of track being erected after the track seemingly flew up at a rate of knots over the summer? People in this thread are mentioning December as when it is rumoured to be going in, but that seems like a surprisingly long time after they finished the rest of the track to me. Do we reckon there's been some kind of specific issue with the last piece of track? Could its erection have been delayed for marketing purposes? Or could it be something else entirely?

I wonder if they wanted to measure the gap to ensure it's a perfect fit.

In this video on Colossos they talked about how their last piece wasn't prefabricated as there can be a bit of tolerance depending how the other pieces all fit together.
Actually that makes sense and also gives one reason why they started at the end of the track and worked forward. If these 2 or 3 pieces do need adjusting to fit, then any changes to the profile will be on that first turnaround which is before the "main event", meaning it doesn't matter if it is slightly different to the previous track - its only a curve afterall. By installing all the other pieces first that have been fabricated to (we presume) original dimensions means the main part of the layout will be identical as we've been promised.

I suspect this is the reason why the track piece is missing. This sort of issue is more problematic when re tracking as oppose to building a brand new ride from the ground up.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.