• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was kinda under the impression that they were changing the story to the track being the chains that contain it now, which is why it's now black. And they showed footage of the track being shipped to the park on the back of lorries? Or are the phalanx now constructing the tentacles for it rather than it growing them itself? :tearsofjoy:
Each piece of track is an individual creature. Think of it like The Human Centipede, we've just been riding along on one long sick experiment that's too disgusting to explain at a family park. Enjoy your dinner x

God it's gonna be a long closed season 😂

I like how he uses Sub-Terra as the example of the fact that it's the supports pinning the creature down, despite the fact in the Sub-Terra video it shows a piece of track being flown in :rolleyes:

Ignoring the Sub-Terra reference I'm glad he understands the original story of the ride :tearsofjoy:

I was kinda under the impression that they were changing the story to the track being the chains that contain it now, which is why it's now black. And they showed footage of the track being shipped to the park on the back of lorries? Or are the phalanx now constructing the tentacles for it rather than it growing them itself? :tearsofjoy:
He was probably around 3 years old or something when Nemesis opened so I don't imagine he was involved with the original storyline or theme either. Not that I'm bothered anyway.

Correct. As far as I'm aware, other than the beloved app, I can't think of anywhere else that suggested otherwise? Could be wrong though? Hence why I've said a few times that it always looked like a mistake from the same person who thought writing "a track length 3x longer than Oblivion!" for The Smiler was a good Idea.
The original Sub-Terra video suggested otherwise, even though that never really made sense, I mean there is only the zero G roll that actually goes over it. I suppose it can be confusing to people who just get the outline of the story as it being a monster being pinned down by steel. The station is a big monster and the track is made of steel so you can see how someone could get confused.
Also there was always people saying about the rust effect on the track, when it was always supposed to be blood. The new colour scheme with the veins on the track should put an end to that debate and make it obvious that the track is part of the monster itself.

Isn't it ironic that in 2024 Nemesis will be opening up against the tallest rollercoaster built in the uk again as it did in 1994! and I wonder if it will trump it again as it did the Big One? Either way I can't wait for both coasters, the brand new shiny Hyperia at Thorpe and the return of the mighty Nemesis.

Isn't it ironic that in 2024 Nemesis will be opening up against the tallest rollercoaster built in the uk again as it did in 1994! and I wonder if it will trump it again as it did the Big One? Either way I can't wait for both coasters, the brand new shiny Hyperia at Thorpe and the return of the mighty Nemesis.
Course it will, it's the best coaster in the UK

I am a die hard Nemesis fan but I do agree that Hyperia may top it in terms of ride experience. We will have to wait and see to cast judgement.

Good old Nemesis… It’s really been nearly a year since the last ride, I miss it! Those back row rides towards the end of the day were the peak of my visits 😔

I am a die hard Nemesis fan but I do agree that Hyperia may top it in terms of ride experience. We will have to wait and see to cast judgement.

Good old Nemesis… It’s really been nearly a year since the last ride, I miss it! Those back row rides towards the end of the day were the peak of my visits

I really hope the ability to actually ride the back row returns. I’d much rather they reserved row 7 for those coming through the exit.

I can’t remember the last time I managed to get a back row ride at fireworks or scare fest, probably nearly 10 years ago

Hopefully the RAP queue will be merged in the queue line (like smiler, wicker etc) and exit is only used for wheel chair users (which is very few RAP users from what I’ve seen.).

Single rider would also be good, but don’t know if that would return with the layout of the current station.

SRQ would need to feed in from the onload side of the station. The other option is they've turned the station around so you load from the opposite side so they have more options to merge more queues but I massively doubt they'd do that.

I loved the back row. All those numpties queuing for the front row don't know what they are missing out on.

You can rarely get back row anyway, I prefer back row but front row in the dark is really something else.

Course it will, it's the best coaster in the UK
it’s quite a way ahead of anything else in the UK. Can’t see highest/fastest beating it for me. As long as it goes back in as it came out I’ll be happy.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.