• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I Cant wait to see what they do with the fireworks im hoping for an announcement.

I wouldnt be surprised if they are waiting till the fireworks to put the last track piece into place

New email:

"
A statement regarding our investigation into Nemesis is to follow

As our investigation continues within the Nemesis site compound, we have imposed greater protective measures to ensure the safety and security of you, the general public, whilst also ensuring our teams can best protect the biosecurity of the site through a Containment Unit surrounding the complex beast, delivering in part due to the award-winning work being undertaken at the Phalanx Research Facility.

As you can see from the official photography of the creature below, our work to restore and protect Nemesis continues at pace, with large tentacles now securely pinned down with our unique and patented protective stanchion system.​
"

Track 'story' now confirmed to be, once again, 'tentacles' by the Phalanx... Despite it being primarily glossy black like the supports/stanchions.... ok sure

Track 'story' now confirmed to be, once again, 'tentacles' by the Phalanx... Despite it being primarily glossy black like the supports/stanchions.... ok sure
seeing as invisible track hasn’t been invented (yet) black is probably the best way to allow the bulk of the track to fade away into the background (squint a bit)

the lore and story reeeeeeally isn’t that deep, its a bit of fun after all. don’t overthink it.

The new tentacles (i.e. the fake track 'legs') are black though. So, I don't get the sarcasm, it's exactly the same as it was pre retrack.

Opera Snapshot_2023-10-04_152311_www.youtube.com.png

The new tentacles (i.e. the fake track 'legs') are black though. So, I don't get the sarcasm, it's exactly the same as it was pre retrack.
Oh it's not sarcasm, it's just giving up on the back and forth of it. Probably would have worked better if the track and supports weren't the same glossy black. That's why I liked the old bone coloured track being contrasted with the supports.

Oh it's not sarcasm, it's just giving up on the back and forth of it. Probably would have worked better if the track and supports weren't the same glossy black. That's why I liked the old bone coloured track being contrasted with the supports.
The track is Black, the supports are grey. Also, The track was confirmed to be tentacles in the first track reveal video.

Last edited:
I think the description they've had of Nemesis on the website these past few years belongs in the typo thread. I always suspected it was a silly mistake. The track was quite clearly always supposed to be the monsters tentacles. Very pleased normality has been restored.

No matter which story you subscribe to its weird either way.
Option 1: there's a massive tentacle coming out of the creatures mouth and back into its butt.
Option 2: some sadistic military men ramed a metal rod through the creatures body and pinned it into the ground.
I pity the creature either way.

Of course there is a 3rd option that makes everything make sense. It's just a really cool way to theme a roller coaster!

So, the concept of the track being part of the creature and the supports pinning down the creature hasn't changed? Am I right about this?
Correct. As far as I'm aware, other than the beloved app, I can't think of anywhere else that suggested otherwise? Could be wrong though? Hence why I've said a few times that it always looked like a mistake from the same person who thought writing "a track length 3x longer than Oblivion!" for The Smiler was a good Idea.

I'm kind of sad for the Nemesis creature now. Nemesis creatures have feelings too. Just think about it, trapped, pinned down in the Staffordshire countryside in the middle of the pitch black cold nights of winter year after year. Having to listen to the same music day after day for months on end. I think someone should start a petition to set it free. This can't be acceptable in 2023!

Correct. As far as I'm aware, other than the beloved app, I can't think of anywhere else that suggested otherwise? Could be wrong though? Hence why I've said a few times that it always looked like a mistake from the same person who thought writing "a track length 3x longer than Oblivion!" for The Smiler was a good Idea.
The old Sub-Terra videos may have shown track being helicoptered in. Dunno if that's still in there.

I did a whole dive on the backstory thing on reddit a while ago;

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/altontowers/comments/10qasge/the_original_backstory_of_nemesis/

Just seen this posted by John Burton settling the discussion on Twitter:

1696925436190.png

I like how he uses Sub-Terra as the example of the fact that it's the supports pinning the creature down, despite the fact in the Sub-Terra video it shows a piece of track being flown in :rolleyes:

Ignoring the Sub-Terra reference I'm glad he understands the original story of the ride :tearsofjoy:

I was kinda under the impression that they were changing the story to the track being the chains that contain it now, which is why it's now black. And they showed footage of the track being shipped to the park on the back of lorries? Or are the phalanx now constructing the tentacles for it rather than it growing them itself? :tearsofjoy:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.