• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Did you forget what happened in 2015?
Oops, I guess I did for a moment there. What an Alan Partridge moment.

Ok forget that last idea. I still think old track can be used to add/improve theming. I wonder if the station building could be revamped by using actual track pieces for the legs.

Oops, I guess I did for a moment there. What an Alan Partridge moment.

Ok forget that last idea. I still think old track can be used to add/improve theming. I wonder if the station building could be revamped by using actual track pieces for the legs.
That track is incredibly heavy. If they tried sticking it to the Nemesis structure it’d rip the station apart.

It would need supports which would spoil the effect and it would just be an unnecessary cost and case of over-engineering.

The track will no doubt just get smelted down.

Potentially silly question;
Are B&M providing the new track structure for the refurb?
Reason I ask, is it has come to light that there is some refurb work taking place on Colossus at TP, but apparently Intamin aren't providing the replacement parts and this has been outsourced to another engineering company.
I'm sure this wouldn't be the case with Nemesis, though I thought I would check it.

Potentially silly question;
Are B&M providing the new track structure for the refurb?
Reason I ask, is it has come to light that there is some refurb work taking place on Colossus at TP, but apparently Intamin aren't providing the replacement parts and this has been outsourced to another engineering company.
I'm sure this wouldn't be the case with Nemesis, though I thought I would check it.
Yep it is indeed B&M, although it's actually Claremount Steel Fabricators in the US as they manufacture track for them.

Yep it is indeed B&M, although it's actually Claremount Steel Fabricators in the US as they manufacture track for them.
Good news. Is there any information as yet regarding the trains? Some new ones like the ones on Monster would be lovely.

Good news. Is there any information as yet regarding the trains? Some new ones like the ones on Monster would be lovely.
I believe the newer trains for B&Ms inverts are larger and would be too heavy for Nemesis. Any new trains would likely have to be a custom order as per the original design, or (far more likely imo) a refurbishment of the existing ones.

I believe the newer trains for B&Ms inverts are larger and would be too heavy for Nemesis. Any new trains would likely have to be a custom order as per the original design, or (far more likely imo) a refurbishment of the existing ones.
I know, that's what I meant by the Monster trains at Grona Lund, as they are custom made traditional inverted style trains on a new coaster. So they can do it, and this would surely be the best corse.

Isn't any train a custom order anyway?

They do not have these things sitting in a warehouse with 48 hour shipping when ordered. New or old designs are custom made to order. As is the track.

I know, that's what I meant by the Monster trains at Grona Lund, as they are custom made traditional inverted style trains on a new coaster. So they can do it, and this would surely be the best corse.

Yeah Monster's trains are a newer version of the OTSR trains, with a few minor differences.

@DistortAMG The trains will be made to order but they'll all be made to B&M's own specifications.

Lights under the seats and no crossbar.

grona-lund-monster.jpg

Inverts havent had a cross bar for the majority of their lifespan and instead have that X shaped beam you can see in between seats in that image.

I do believe there will be new trains, but trains are largely modular anyway, and I would imagine that a significant amount of the current/previous trains aren’t original parts. Next time you ride Oblivion for example, it is obvious where things have been replaced if you observe carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inverts havent had a cross bar for the majority of their lifespan and instead have that X shaped beam you can see in that image.

I do believe there will be new trains, but trains are largely modular anyway, and I would imagine that a significant amount of the current/previous trains aren’t original parts.

Nemmy's current trains have a crossbar though?

Nemmy's current trains have a crossbar though?

Your post to me suggested you were saying Monster had ‘minor differences’ to standard B&M invert trains.

Whatever they do, I think it is quite obvious the trains will be appropriate for the ride.

Lights under the seats and no crossbar.

grona-lund-monster.jpg
The crossbars were removed soon after Nemesis came along and are only present on the earlier inverts. Nemesis Inferno doesn't have them either. There is still that x-shaped piece connecting each seat. I would be interested if these trains have additional strengthening in them to account for the lack of the crossbar and if this would affect the weight of the trains much that would make a difference as to whether Nemesis coudl operate with them or if they will build like for like new trains.
I just can't see them going to all the trouble they are doing and not have new trains.
The lights underneath would also add a nice theming touch, perhaps red ones?

The crossbar and the bit between the seats on the newer inverts is for evacuation from the lift hill.
Could this mean that either they're keeping the original trains or replacing them with new ones while using the original design since they're not changing the lift Hill section?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.