• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could this mean that either they're keeping the original trains or replacing them with new ones while using the original design since they're not changing the lift Hill section?
Who knows but I can't imagine an updated evacuation platform costs that much in the grand scheme of things

I think we will likely see new trains but I think it's pretty obvious vest restraints wouldn't fit clearance wise. I think we will see the Monster at Gruna Lund style trains, which I imagine will ride relatively similar to the old trains, there are differences but not that many.

@DistortAMG The trains will be made to order but they'll all be made to B&M's own specifications.

I agree, but the old trains are still to B&Ms own specifications that they created.

It would be no harder I would have thought for B&M to pull off the CAD drawings for their old design and build off that, than it would be to build one of the new ones. I could be wrong but that is usually how it works.

Things are a little bit different when you are spending multi millions of pounds, there is far more leeway than say going to a car garage.

If you remember, John Wardley had big input into the flying and dive machine models, this would no doubt in part be because B&M ultimately wanted to sell coasters and sell coasters to Tussauds, so they worked with them. If this is not a good example of how flexible companies are across the board when spending multi millions of pounds on industrial machinery, then I do not what is.

It's the opposite Matt, the original Nemmy and other classic B&Ms have more snappy inversions. From the looks of that track they have profiled it exactly the same instead of making it smoother like modern B&M inversions.
Bearing in mind, Nemesis has a lot of environmental interactions that were finely tuned to the landscape. They couldn't start replacing elements now with softer versions, as more languid elements would need more room for trains to traverse them, which isn't something in plentiful supply here. I do believe its going to be a like for like experience, barring the addition of sand in the box section and supports.

If Andy Hine can get an MBE for services to tourism, John Wardley should be eligible too as his creations and work have helped tourism surely?
Andy Hine hasn't got the best rep these days from what I have heard. Apparently he has a habit of shouting at staff
I agree, but the old trains are still to B&Ms own specifications that they created.

It would be no harder I would have thought for B&M to pull off the CAD drawings for their old design and build off that, than it would be to build one of the new ones. I could be wrong but that is usually how it works.
I think you are probably right, assuming by build off you mean use the original designs as a reference point. I would imagine Stengel would have the CAD modelling rights though, surely? Given that they relay most of the maths and tchnical specs to B and M.
I can't imagine the process is that easier. Despite all the technological advances we have had in steep shaping, it's probably still very easy to go wrong and deviate from cad models when shaping and testing the steel used to make the track. But CAD software has made leaps and bounds since the 90s, so it's probably a faster process now I guess, as the software is probably capable of giving the fabricators more information.

I don't think we'll ever know the finer details of the process, probably a measure to stop other manufacturers from gaining an advantage, or perhaps from breaking competition laws. So we have no way of knowing what parts of the building/fabrication process have changed from 94 to now. We can only guess.

Andy Hine hasn't got the best rep these days from what I have heard. Apparently he has a habit of shouting at staff

I think you are probably right, assuming by build off you mean use the original designs as a reference point. I would imagine Stengel would have the CAD modelling rights though, surely? Given that they relay most of the maths and tchnical specs to B and M.
I can't imagine the process is that easier. Despite all the technological advances we have had in steep shaping, it's probably still very easy to go wrong and deviate from cad models when shaping and testing the steel used to make the track. But CAD software has made leaps and bounds since the 90s, so it's probably a faster process now I guess, as the software is probably capable of giving the fabricators more information.

I think you are looking into it a little bit too deep. The fact they have built them trains many times in the past suggests they probably can build them again if need be.

The fact B&Ms are so smooth testament to alot of things. One of them being their ability to translate the CAD drawings into physical track with an extreme level of accuracy. This is has always been the case and they set the standard 3 decades ago.

Actually, before the retcon with Sub Terra, was the track supposed to be part of the monster's insides or something?
Pretty much. It was supposed to be part of the monster's digestive system, so it would send out its internal organs (the trains) to collect nutrients from the surrounding landscape to then eat.

I always thought that was quite an amusing story as it meant that Nemesis feeds itself through its own arse.

So we are the food?

Wicker Man - Feed the Flames

Nemesis - Feed the Arse?

Thats what the original posters use to say!

nemesis2-111.png

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.