• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Good spot! And how Funk n Fly is still standing when Spinjam has been packed up.
Funk n Fly was knackered I believe, the manufacturer was supposed to be coming to the park to sort it out.

Spinjam may well have gone back on the fair circuit, it will probably be back next season.

Also worth noting the platform now constructed under the loop. I assume that will be for access to undoing the supports and getting ready for that to be removed in the coming days / weeks.

Amazing how much mud on those paths already 😂
The amount of equipment that rolled in on Monday morning after Fireworks was crazy, and there's loads of stuff parked up in the compound now as well. Doesn't take much to make a mess with all that going back and forth!

The platforms being constructed explains why we've seen a stop in track being removed for the time being. There's metalwork in the compound ready to go for the replacement column footers as well, so no doubt things will start picking up again in a few weeks.

The amount of equipment that rolled in on Monday morning after Fireworks was crazy, and there's loads of stuff parked up in the compound now as well. Doesn't take much to make a mess with all that going back and forth!

The platforms being constructed explains why we've seen a stop in track being removed for the time being. There's metalwork in the compound ready to go for the replacement column footers as well, so no doubt things will start picking up again in a few weeks.

Thanks for this.
Out of all the projects followed on here and towers times before, I think this is the most intriguing. Nobody really saw nemesis being built, whereas now we can. But also its the first rebuild of a major coaster I've ever seen close hand.

Looking forward to each update and thanks in advance to all those who contribute.

I love seeing aerial shots of the old and disused queue lines in FV. I can only describe it as how Tony Robinson must feel on Time Team. Peak geek.
The full Nemesis queue layout is very cool going all up and down the quarry. It's all mostly been back in use now but just rarely a queue long enough to use the full length. Other than the stall turn area built over by Air's lift, and the original first extension which is now Sub Terra's disused queue. The route under the monorail is still there if you spot.

Anyone remember the route that went up & over the service road to what's now the main extension?

Do you think that the old and disused queue lines will be back in use in 2024?
Surely Nemesis will be incredibly popular when it reopens so it might be a possibility.

Last edited:
Surely Nemesis will be incredibly popular when it reopens so it might be a possibility.
They were used during COVID and wouldn't be hard to clear, I suspect they will be in use on opening day and whenever needed.

They were used during COVID and wouldn't be hard to clear, I suspect they will be in use on opening day and whenever needed.

Even with the extra queue that was open during COVID, there is still much more that has not been used for years, above past the stall turn, the other side of the pit and the queue under the monorail towards Nemesis Sub terra have not been used since the 1990's.

You say that, but will it? I doubt it will gain popularity.....

My view on this whole project is this. Merlin are only doing this because of the rides iconic status AND replacing it with anything better is impossible for the budget in place.

Let's not be naive - if they could have put the right project together Nemesis would be gone now.

You say that, but will it? I doubt it will gain popularity.....

My view on this whole project is this. Merlin are only doing this because of the rides iconic status AND replacing it with anything better is impossible for the budget in place.

Let's not be naive - if they could have put the right project together Nemesis would be gone now.
I don't deny that there could be an element of that.

However, if you remember back to TTSP's Q&A with John Wardley in summer 2022, you may recall that John said that Merlin did originally want to remove Nemesis, and they had called him to assist with planning its replacement. However, they were dissuaded from removing it altogether after public feedback suggested it would be a bad idea.

Here's the video:

(If the timestamp doesn't work, go to 22:20)

With that in mind, I do think that public opinion of Nemesis certainly had at least something to do with it.

I would be interested to know exactly when and how they sought public opinion. Was there not a questionnaire a couple of years ago which was along the lines of keep Nemesis or a new coaster/ bring back an old ride etc etc. Either way I'm glad the decision was made to keep her running for years to come.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.