• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Do you think that the old and disused queue lines will be back in use in 2024?
Surely Nemesis will be incredibly popular when it reopens so it might be a possibility.

I mentioned this a few pages back but I would love to see a section of the extended queue line to be rebuilt. (Not the original up towards NST) Excuse the dodgy lines, it's hard using your finger on your phone after a couple of drinks on a small image.

I don't see why the queue can't be extended to the turn around before the loop again. If it doesn't join onto the queue by the station then there's no issue of it affecting fast track, it would just go back on itself. Most of the queue by the loop and the stall turn has either been knocked down or is partially standing and overgrown and some of the best views of the coaster are on that cliff edge.

IMG_0259.jpg

Most of the queue by the loop and the stall turn has either been knocked down or is partially standing and overgrown
Im pretty sure the bit above the loop has only recently been removed for the crane access. It was still there and maintained until then, just the ride has hardly gotten that long a queue in the last 10 years. Part of the stall turn section was built over by Air so the rest disused. The queue never reaches that far so has no reason to be rebuilt really.

Im pretty sure the bit above the loop has only recently been removed for the crane access. It was still there and maintained until then, just the ride has hardly gotten that long a queue in the last 10 years. Part of the stall turn section was built over by Air so the rest disused. The queue never reaches that far so has no reason to be rebuilt really.

The stall turn section stopped being used when the virtual queue was implemented before Air was even built.

Will the extended queue be absolutely necessary? Probably not, but it would be good if they did decide to tart that section up again in some shape or form.

I hope they do something with the extended queue. Even if they don't reopen all of it, I hope they at least spruce it up a bit. Or maybe they could remove it and put some theming in its place or something?

I'm sure there some footage of the ride from the quelling near the turn before ethe loop. Looked really great for a whole view of the ride while getting extremely close!

The park allowed me to use the disused queueline next to the loop around 13 years ago (according to the date of my video). It was probably a couple of years before that actually. Apologies for the video quality. Obviously, this was home video camera stuff from the early/mid 2000's. I did explicitly ask and was given permission by staff at the time (things were a bit more relaxed back then, depending on who you spoke to). In a few places you'll see the view from the queueline next to the loop etc.

The park allowed me to use the disused queueline next to the loop around 13 years ago (according to the date of my video). It was probably a couple of years before that actually. Apologies for the video quality. Obviously, this was home video camera stuff from the early/mid 2000's. I did explicitly ask and was given permission by staff at the time (things were a bit more relaxed back then, depending on who you spoke to). In a few places you'll see the view from the queueline next to the loop etc.

Wonderful footage for more than one reason!! The extended queue line shots look wicked, second, the ride looks so good and quite fresh there, especially with the blood waterfalls!!

Last edited:
I think it was the section further back towards Air that was built over then, before it U turned back towards the station and went past the stall turn. Does anyone remember queueing the whole thing when it was new?

Thanks. I might get that old hard drive down from wherever it is and re-do that video one day and upload it in better quality, if possible. I should be able to get better quality out of it with stuff these days. The raw footage does look a little bit better than what ended up on Youtube back then.

The section of queue looking down at the loop has only fallen out of use relatively recently but even before they cleared it to allow better crane access it was visibly in very poor condition. What is now the furthest section of queue is only maintained because they realised after they abandoned it that they didn't quite have enough queue line for peak days. Their low-cost solution was to put in a new gate at the current limit of the queue, rather than spend any more money than necessary on restoring the whole lot.

I do think it'd look nicer to tear out the unused queue to tidy things up, but why would they spend the money they don't need to spend?

The section of queue looking down at the loop has only fallen out of use relatively recently but even before they cleared it to allow better crane access it was visibly in very poor condition. What is now the furthest section of queue is only maintained because they realised after they abandoned it that they didn't quite have enough queue line for peak days. Their low-cost solution was to put in a new gate at the current limit of the queue, rather than spend any more money than necessary on restoring the whole lot.
I wouldn’t say 20 years is relatively recently. In fact it’s probably been unused longer than it was used for. It’s not coming back in the original form due to the location of the fast track merge point.

I think it was the section further back towards Air that was built over then, before it U turned back towards the station and went past the stall turn. Does anyone remember queueing the whole thing when it was new?
I joined it in a temporary extended queue that was roughly where Sub Terra main ride is now. I queued over 3 hours and back then my Friend who hates coasters and thrill rides joined with me and walked straight out the exit. I don’t think his been back since.

I wouldn’t say 20 years is relatively recently. In fact it’s probably been unused longer than it was used for. It’s not coming back in the original form due to the location of the fast track merge point.
That's not the section I was referring to - the bit overlooking the loop (in Barryzola's video) is the section highlighted in blue on the below image, the 2022 queue layout shown in red:

1671361934319.png

The section leading off towards Galactica is long gone and will not return.

For anyone who's already missing the real Nemmy, Virtual Towers Online have released their Forbidden Valley Demo on Itch.io today.

I highly recommend checking it out, as the amount of work that has gone into it is insane. It includes Nemmy, Rippy and Blade, all of which are fully rideable AND operable, plus lots of easter eggs and other features too!

It's best to download the itch.io app then install the game from there, as you'll get automatic updates that way.

Any issues with the game, you can join the VTO discord server for support.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.