• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If we’re to look at Merlin/Towers historically, it’s highly unlikely we’ll see anything more than the Nemesis refurb in Forbidden Valley come 2024. I would love to see that change of course, but I would not remain hopeful of any extras.

I’d love if they really fleshed out the original idea that Air was going to be some kind of aerial attack on the Nemesis monster, the theme got nixed supposedly to do with 9/11 but more likely budget cuts. Probably in the realms of a “never gonna happen” but a dark green track and some military theming would go a long way to tie everything together down there.

I’d love if they really fleshed out the original idea that Air was going to be some kind of aerial attack on the Nemesis monster, the theme got nixed supposedly to do with 9/11 but more likely budget cuts. Probably in the realms of a “never gonna happen” but a dark green track and some military theming would go a long way to tie everything together down there.
You would also probably need more theming on the trains to make them look like Phalanx aircraft ready to attack Nemesis.

I was just watching TPWW's latest video on Nemesis, and he seems to think that the supports could be graphite black instead of ruby red, with the latter being in splatters on the track instead. Personally I would prefer the supports being red, I don't think black supports and black track would look as nice, even if in slightly different shades.

Source:

(4:45)

It’s funny you should say that @Skyscraper, because I read an intriguing comment from Jared on CoasterForce (the owner of Chessington Buzz, and a source who has proven very reliable for inside scoop from the Merlin parks in the past) showing that he has a very similar opinion to Shawn. He said the following:
The track is set to be black, with dark grey supports. I’ve heard of the track featuring ‘red highlights’ as part of the install. So I’d assume a similar touch to that of the original Nemesis with the rust effect.
If what Jared said is correct, then those RAL colours from the closing event could well have meant something… from past experience, I trust that Jared is very reliable, so I personally have little reason to disbelieve what he says.

Assuming Nemesis does reopen with black track, dark grey supports and red highlights, that actually sounds very cool, in my view!
Source: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...s-b-m-retrack-2024.45333/page-18#post-1147169

Weird thing is, for all the jokes we make about grey Merlin track in which the thought of the track getting that colour instead of black might cause some to have a fit, yet ironically Merlin grey for the track would actually work.

Hear me about, given how the track is now supposed to the steel holding it down, it would make sense for it to get that colour to be that of a bolt grey look and honestly would've been just a shade darker than the current white. Still would like it to have the blood marks all over the track as if Nemesis is spitting out in disgust at it. Surely more suitable than black unless the track is supposed to be some advantage kevlar metal?

Still would like red supports though but with all the Nemesis red gunk wrapped round them like the gun outside.

First time I have heard nemesis was "at the end of its life"...
I heard a few supports and track sections needed repair and replacement, but not that the whole ride needed closing or completely renovating.
Anyone confirm it actually needed a "full pull ", so to speak?
Generally, the reason for this work is probably swinging more to H&S. Over the years during closed seasons, Towers have had external companies in thoroughly checking Nemssis. Recommendations have probably been made and there’s only so far they can go before it finally gets to a state where it needs replacing. It’s not unsafe but if left there is a possibility it could be. I was amazed at the report that triggered this work about the steel supports in the tunnels.
1) Merlin don’t care about enthusiasts that much, we make up very little of the guest spend. In fact In general we are more of an annoyance I would wager (well the ones of us who don’t mostly sit in the bars).

2) I guarantee even the most hardline “never returner” would be back the moment SW9 opens.

I can guarantee 97% of guests won’t care either way.

I don’t think anyone can give the official position but the rumour was certainly that the footers needed a lot of work which would have required deconstruction anyway. Certainly it was starting to shed bolts at an ever increasing rate.

I think the biggest clue is Merlin were willing to spend the money on the re track and they are not known for frivolous unnecessary spending.
Merlin have never cared about enthusiasts. They’ve driven some away. They’ve ruined some good rides and there are times I wish they weren’t managing the parks.
The poster who wrote this implied that they thought that a change in theme “could drive the enthusiasts away”, and could possibly have inferred that the poster is resistant to major change to Nemesis in general, in part due to Wardley’s previous comments.
That was me, yes. I’ve made it clear I’m not keen on this unconfirmed track colour change.
If we’re to look at Merlin/Towers historically, it’s highly unlikely we’ll see anything more than the Nemesis refurb in Forbidden Valley come 2024. I would love to see that change of course, but I would not remain hopeful of any extras.
The more I think about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Forbidden Valley becomes something else in 2024. It would be a damn shame if it did, and this is typical Merlin again abruptly ending an area after years of it having the name. Transylvania at Chessington became Wild Woods quickly after the Gruffalo river ride opened (something else they ruined).

In the run up to its closure, it was advertised as “Nemesis is closing.” I am starting to wonder if it will reopen under a new name entirely, or Nemesis with an extra name on the end, e.g Nemssis Reborn. Again, I wouldn’t put much past Merlin and they’re attempts to destroy something wonderful.

The more I think about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Forbidden Valley becomes something else in 2024. It would be a damn shame if it did, and this is typical Merlin again abruptly ending an area after years of it having the name. Transylvania at Chessington became Wild Woods quickly after the Gruffalo river ride opened (something else they ruined).

In the run up to its closure, it was advertised as “Nemesis is closing.” I am starting to wonder if it will reopen under a new name entirely, or Nemesis with an extra name on the end, e.g Nemssis Reborn. Again, I wouldn’t put much past Merlin and they’re attempts to destroy something wonderful.

Is Gruffalo worse than the Imperial Leather Bubbleworks? Let's not bash Merlin for actions that they didn't do.

They've rethemed a number of areas with varying success like many parks. Renaming an area to fit with a new attraction is nothing new. Did it need doing? That is arguable but Wild Woods as a name doesn't really prevent Vampire from fitting.

There's zero indication of Valley being renamed at this moment mind. Similarly for them adding anything to the Nemesis name. The whole "Nemesis is closing" marketing was purely to get punters in to ride it and make Fireworks busy. Again, it's something plenty of parks across the world have done and seemed to be a success at the end of the day.

There's a lot of clutching at straws going on with this and Duel. And a lot of assumptions that it'll be ruined because the track colour or Merlin will just do something to it (which is likely as Marketing and USP is king to a lot of their decision making).

Even now people still have differing opinions on what the original theme was! Which shows the ambiguity and good overall design of the original. Unfortunately such things aren't seemingly allowed in the industry nowadays (again, not just a Merlin trait) and leads to circular arguments about it all.

I am glad the park are taking steps to ensure Nemesis' longevity. That in 10 years or so I'll be able to take my newborn on the ride that kickstarted my own enthusiasm. I'll take black track over not being able to have that chance at all.

IF the track does indeed come in a new colour, surely we will be looking at getting different colors on the trains?

IF the track does indeed come in a new colour, surely we will be looking at getting different colors on the trains?
I would have thought there will be new trains as the current ones ones are nearly 30 years old like the rest of it, and they'll almost certainly be a different colour to go with the black track (we know it's going to be black, we need to start getting used to the idea).

I think it will look fine black, imagine if the track came back light green or blue to match air lol

I know green, blue and pink track are being paraded as examples of how yet another black tracked coaster is somehow better than nothing in an era where damage limitation is something we're expected to feel greatful for. But I'd prefer they did something different with it than potentially just go down the black track with shouty military organisation theme.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.