• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Some people have mentioned on Facebook (which could be a possibility) that this could be a new name for whatever is going on over at Sub-Terra? Would it be too early to be filing for a trademark for a ride not due to open for another 13 months? Not too sure how far in advance these things are usually done.
I don't know if it is too early or not, but the trademark filing for Wicker Man's name was submitted on the 25th of August 2017, about 7 months before it opened, so it is very possible that the name could be for whatever Sub-Terra is, although the trademark for the Sub-Terra name has itself been renewed recently.

Last edited:
Some people have mentioned on Facebook (which could be a possibility) that this could be a new name for whatever is going on over at Sub-Terra? Would it be too early to be filing for a trademark for a ride not due to open for another 13 months? Not too sure how far in advance these things are usually done.

The trademark for Sub-Terra was recently renewed.

Filing a trademark this early is normal. It will be used for branding, marketing, merchandising etc and all of that takes time to design and finalise so it’s normal to see a trademark appearing quite in advance.

What am I missing with talk of rides closing to aid the Nemesis work ? Has a timeline of works been released ?

They have another month of this closed season, a full season and another full closed season before it opens ?

I don’t think anyone said it was going to require closure of other rides, they just asked the question. To fit the helix and last turn you are entering the safety envelope of Air and Monorail so if they want all the track up before next closed season they would have to work around those rides, but there is plenty of time in the 23/24 closed season to finish those bits off.

To be honest they likely only need the track around the station done earlier so they can do any station work as early as practical.

I think the 15th of Feb is a bit late to trademark something that is rumoured to open in the next month (obviously no guarantees). I suspect this is the new nemesis name but I suspect it’s going to be more:

Nemesis
Reborn

So ultimately it won’t really change much, I mean other than enthusiasts a lot of guests call Nemesis inferno just Nemesis.

Suprised no one has made a joke of calling it Nemesis 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Or my own stupid choice 'Nemesis Apocalypse'.

Reactions: Ash
I think we will see marketing for the new Nemesis from relatively early in the season when compared to completely new rides, which would be why the trademark has gone in comparatively early. I have no issue if this is the new name, if a new name/colour/whatever else is what it took to get the budget approved for what seems like the least Merlin project ever, I'll take it all day long.

I must admit I’m not entirely convinced the ride will be renamed. Nemesis reborn could be used on merch and promo, and maybe even on things like on ride photos.

There is obviously a plan in the works but I’m sceptical we’ll see “Nemesis Reborn” on huge signage at the ride entrance in 2024.

I agree with @Sazzle. It is factually correct to state that Nemesis is indeed being reborn, so I can totally see that getting used on in the promotional aspects and possibly merchandise. But on park, I can see the attraction keeping the original name, which makes perfect sense to me.

You only really need to convey to the public that the attraction is being reborn when promoting it. In my oppinion.

It is factually incorrect to say the ride is reborn, it is inanimate, and always has been.
You only need to convey to the public that it is rebuilt, completely safe, and open.
There was no birth, rebirth, or for gods sake, afterbirth.

It is factually incorrect to say the ride is reborn, it is inanimate, and always has been.
You only need to convey to the public that it is rebuilt, completely safe, and open.

Nemesis: re-built, completely safe and open.

Perhaps not quite as snappy to slap on a mug though.

Just a small thought, maybe they have done it to protect the brand rather than changing the name. A few months time, the advertising will begin. last thing you need is someone turning round and saying "ahem.......I have the rights to that name, money please?"

She's real to me dammit!

Could be the new name. No-one will call it that because it'll still be Nemesis or Nemmie or the alien one.

Marketing is king at Merlin.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.