• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They’ve got a year till opening and can easily decide to stop painting the veins on the rest of the track if they’ve decided it doesn’t look so great in real life.
There is no way that they would ever change course of the design this late in the project. This has been in the works for 2 years at this point. The colour scheme was decided on long ago, visualisations would’ve been made, the tracks already been painted, it won’t be changing.

I’m sorry but why is this even being speculated on? The response to the track has been broadly positive, it’s not like it’s sparked revulsion in the community and even if it did it really wouldn’t matter. Times when enthusiasts have managed to make change happen (Like the Oblivion sponsorship in 2011) are the exception and not the rule and certainly wouldn’t be happening on projects of this scale. This is a project with millions of pounds invested into it, they’re going to be confident with their decisions whether we like it or not.

There is no way that they would ever change course of the design this late in the project. This has been in the works for 2 years at this point. The colour scheme was decided on long ago, visualisations would’ve been made, the tracks already been painted, it won’t be changing.

I’m sorry but why is this even being speculated on? The response to the track has been broadly positive, it’s not like it’s sparked revulsion in the community and even if it did it really wouldn’t matter. Times when enthusiasts have managed to make change happen (Like the Oblivion sponsorship in 2011) are the exception and not the rule and certainly wouldn’t be happening on projects of this scale. This is a project with millions of pounds invested into it, they’re going to be confident with their decisions whether we like it or not.

It only started as I’d lightheartedly suggested as such by quoting their tweet where they were seemingly asking for feedback - which I opened with by saying it was absolutely a stretch. Was just a fun bit of speculation. I don’t truly believe they’ll change the design because people don’t like it.

However I still maintain that people are over egging how they absolutely couldn’t change design at this point. How many rides have we seen over the years where the final product hasn’t matched the original designs or planning applications? See Air’s original theme, Oblivion’s original Port Discovery theme, Stealth’s original theme including the grandstand. These are more than likely
down to budget cuts, but then see relocated Flying Fish’s Neptune’s Kingdom theme which got ditched, the ornate patterns planned to be painted on Rush. Quantum actually had more theming already installed on it which got removed shortly before opening because the park weren’t keen on how it looked. And a lot of these were structural. The Nemesis track is literally just red lines painted on. And the track is obviously being delivered solid black which we can see in the drone footage, so they are painting the red on at the park as the track arrives.

I will round this off by reiterating I don’t actually thing this will happen! But think people should be more open minded that there’s still a year for things to be changed! Nothing is absolutely set in stone in anything creative.

The Nemesis track is literally just red lines painted on. And the track is obviously being delivered solid black which we can see in the drone footage, so they are painting the red on at the park as the track arrives.

Sorry to be pedantic, it appears it is covered in black plastic when it arrives to the park, so the paint is more than likely painted on at a paint shop somewhere in the UK, before arriving on site.

Do not regret anything mate, this is exactly what discussion forums are for! The point I made does not make the points you put across any less valid.

Haha excellent 👍

Moving on, besides the paint, I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the music! Hoping they do something similar to what they did with Colossus and Inferno’s tracks - keeping it but modernising it and expanding! Perhaps chuck in a bit of In The Hall of the Mountain King.

The fact the track can be seen with veins on it, does shut down the write up on AT's own website would you not agree?

The veins do suggest the track is living and the new story is in keeping and true to the original lore. The lore where the track were the tentacles being pinned down by the supports. Rather than the track being part of the steel used to pin the monster as suggested on Nemesis' website.

Last edited:
Is Nemesis a unique B&M in having a custom paint job that isn’t block colours? (for both the original track this new track)

The old track was matt too which is unusual.
Does Patriot's white stripe count?

inverted2006_patriot02_0.jpg

Fury325 has a two-tone thing as well.
a8a164it4yq31.jpg
Sorry I put this in the quote box for some reason and don’t know how to take it out!
Shambhala, Mako, Dr Diabolical’s Cliffhanger and Diving Machine G5 are other ones I can think of with the two colour thing. Patriot is the only one I can think of with a second colour/design on the box section.

Been thinking about aesthetic changes they could make, and then I remembered this:
17176F19-AE28-460D-AF43-EB16F816F438.jpeg
I believe they could change the nemesis creature a lot, and it could’ve painted black matching all the track like the original did with the white. Am slightly worried the black could blend in with all the rocks and everything else but what am I going to do?. I would love nemesis to lean into her more Militaristic side, wich is kinda already happening with the phalanx actually being a thing again.

Oh, and do any of you think we could see an imascore nemesis theme?

Imascore have undoubtedly written some great theme park scores. But, call me nostalgic, I for one will be absolutely gutted if the original Graham Smart theme is removed. It's not even the main 'dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun' theme for me, but the atmospheric slow section further into the piece with the howls of the electric guitar and the melancholic section towards the end. It's a masterpiece and perfectly encapsulates the ride experience with a touch of 90s flare which (IMO) has kept the ride rooted to its original concept. Having said that, I'm sure a reincarnation of the music will include similar motifs... As long as they don't butcher it in the way the new Vampire soundtrack did at Chessington.

There's currently one piece of track left in the car park along with a couple of supports, and one track piece by Galactica's lift hill (still wrapped).

Will have some aerial photos later subject to weather.

Edit: they're also clicking through guests on the observation platform.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.