• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
[Logging back in for like the third time since 2021] Nemesis is black now? The Shoutbox is dead? Something about new management? What else have I missed? Cats are marrying dogs?
Chessington opened a B&M wing coaster for no good reason whatsoever, someone at Towers went to order 10 tubs of purple paint from Amazon but accidentally ordered 1000 instead, and @Matt N single handedly dealt the final blow to the London Resort.

I've just watched this clip from a podcast where one of the guys (I dont know who any of them are) says he's heard a rumour that a helicopter has been purchased. Maybe we'll see that or parts of it strewn around in the extended queue or out in the plaza area in front of Nemesis?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

If the purchase of a helicopter is real, I could see them using inspiration from partial theming inspiration from the Swarm. As they might paint it up in colours of the Phalanx and have this helicopter crashed down somewhere (Example being near the old cannon near the entrance of FV.
Or maybe have it somewhere else in FV to show the Nemesis creature taking over FV due to its new-found power from the experimentation of the Phalanx on it.

Although, I'll say this: Don't believe everything you hear. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed with what you believe to be there whilst, in reality, it isn't.

Well, we could all just make stuff up and claim that we've heard it from whatever source. Especially in closed season when we're scrambling around for things to talk about to fill airtime (hey, maybe they really have bought a broken helicopter to use as part of the theme, I don't know).

As we all know, the only true and 100% correct source is the woman in the hotel gift shop.

Although, I'll say this: Don't believe everything you hear. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed with what you believe to be there whilst, in reality, it isn't.
Oh I don't, I take the view "I'll believe it when I see it - either in person or photo". As I said in my post, I don't know who those 4 guys are so in my eyes they are no more a trustworthy source than some anonymous person making a comment on Twitter or YouTube!

Had a wander down the theme park walk from the hotels today. Lots of noise and activity from the construction site, but not much to see from that vantage point but did notice the queline fencing being replaced with shiny black metal grate fencing in the area behind the lift and turnaround. I've circled it on Google maps for clarity.
Screenshot_20231211-145906~2.png
IMG_20231211_145920769.jpg
Second picture is pretty much useless, but you can just about make out the fence and construction workers.

That height feels an unusual choice for queue line fencing, but if one side faces a ride area (and a steep drop) with no further fencing its not a huge surprise.

That height feels an unusual choice for queue line fencing, but if one side faces a ride area (and a steep drop) with no further fencing its not a huge surprise.
Help stop queue jumpers actually doing physical jumping though.

I expect it’s purely a matter of cost effectiveness/cheapness but still at least it almost goes with the new aesthetic. Could fully cage it off for the full Smiler experience too.

Interesting in the construction update on TT's website (here) there are other pictures of the queueline with lots of corrugated ducting poking out of the ground. Almost guarantee this is for speakers but could they also be installing queueline lighting?

Also this is an intriguing picture - I'm guessing this is where the crane was situated - more ducting coming out of the ground. Could this be for the helicopter that has (if you believe the rumour) been purchased? Or some other theming element? Could the queueline be extended round this area? Or maybe just a huge floodlight! Or of course it could be more mundane and just a couple of new manhole covers where some underground cabling is terminated!

1702314680758.png

Interesting in the construction update on TT's website (here) there are other pictures of the queueline with lots of corrugated ducting poking out of the ground. Almost guarantee this is for speakers but could they also be installing queueline lighting?

Also this is an intriguing picture - I'm guessing this is where the crane was situated - more ducting coming out of the ground. Could this be for the helicopter that has (if you believe the rumour) been purchased? Or some other theming element? Could the queueline be extended round this area? Or maybe just a huge floodlight! Or of course it could be more mundane and just a couple of new manhole covers where some underground cabling is terminated!

1702314680758.png
There’s definitely ducting coming out the ground for something but I doubt it’s where a big theming element would be situated. It’s outside the ride area and main queue line so wouldn’t really be seen?

It could be for speakers and lighting but I’m really not sure to be fair.

How intriguing!

I think one of the reasons they did not like opening that stretch of queue was it’s not particularly visible to the op and you had fairly easy access to both Nemesis and Airs ride areas.

It would have been nice if they could have had something a bit more themed but this bit of queue will rarely be used. Hopefully they don’t do the same with the rest of the queue though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.